Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

So about a week ago, I got inspiration to do a quick and easy upgrade to my subs on the boat. I was running a pair of Infinity 10's with a 2 ohm load to my sub amp. Since the amp's 1 ohm stable, I decided to buy a 3rd 10" sub and drop it down to a 1.3ohm load and have the amp push out the full 1000 watts.

Because I didn't want to spend a lot of time or effort, I found a pre-made bedliner sprayed box and used that. My existing subs were installed without removing the foot rest. So while I could have hacked out the footrest to make room for tons of airspace, I wanted quick and easy. It was a little more work than I planned, because I had to remove the existing box and squeeze in the new box forward of it. But I utilized some of the dead space under the helm and the result is amazeballs. bass times 150%!!! Net cost was $169 and one evening of time.

So now I finally have bass that keeps up with the REV410s on the tower.

sub box for two 10s removed and the new box secured to the OEM footrest.

tucked away at the stern end of the starboard bow locker.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Two of the three subs are visible, so I cleaned up the LED's on those and reinstalled the box.

Went up Saturday morning for the closing day at Mt Hood Meadows. Then drove back, had lunch and launched the boat for some sunshine and 80+ degrees. Good sized crew for the stereo demo on Saturday.

Love the PNW for sunny blue skies on the mountain and sunny blue skies on the river for a 'double board day'. Snowboard morning, wakesurf afternoon!

We all got a laugh out of the name of this ship. I told my wife it was in honor of her. hahahaha.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Got the banner hung up in the carport. Looks good! (got it from a friend that changed brands, no I have no idea where to get one)

With back to back days in the mid 80s, I didn't bother backing the boat into the carport, Just left it hitched up and took advantage of lots of street parking in front of my house.

We hooked up with a Moomba guy from Texas that's in Portland for a while and took him out on the XLV. After his wakeboard run, our son was motivated to brave the 58 degree water and up his wakeboard game. He's always been nervous about crossing the wakes, so his Mother's Day present was checking that off with repeated wake crossing. (he's way better at surfing than wakeboarding).

I took out my drone and THOUGHT I got some rad footage of my son surfing. Unfortunately it never started the video. I was really bummed. The only footage I got was when I was bringing it back to the boat. (which was crazy hard to do with current ripping, waves rocking the boat and a bit of a breeze. talk about a moving target. So this was the only pic that was halfway decent. It was so stressful bringing my drone in to catch it, that I didn't even take another flight with my 2nd battery. And all the birds swarming it didn't help either.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Nice upgrade! What's the trick with the foam noodle? You've always got something hidden up your sleeve...
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Quote Originally Posted by aerolland View Post
    Nice upgrade! What's the trick with the foam noodle? You've always got something hidden up your sleeve...
    LOL. Okay, so I've got a playpen bow and I find that unless the side cushions are centering the middle long cushion just right that the middle one wants to have the edge of it fall in the hole (especially when people are walking on it to board from the nose of the boat). After years of the starboard side cushion being pushed sideways toward the starboard side, the edge of that cushion wants to actually slip under the outer parts of the bow. so stuffing a noodle in there keeps that cushion where I want it to be and in turn keeps the middle cushion centered. It's totally a $1 ghetto fix, but it's been working fine and you can't see it when the cushions are in place.

I still love the playpen bow however. It's the last of a dying breed.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Pics from this weekend. My son is getting real close to getting up. Try, try, again. He will get it soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post

Beautiful boat!! Likely to cause a 10 page argument though.

First trip out. Water was 87!!! Check out that glass!!

2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by hawgtitan View Post
    First trip out. Water was 87!!! Check out that glass!!

Wow, that water is crying to be ridden on. Perfect glass....
    2017 Moomba Helix
    Flow 2.0
    AutoWake
    Surf Edition
    WM Rears 1200s
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Fat Sac 400s (Midship compartments)
    LeadWake bags