All your proposed changes, heads cam etc, won’t be beneficial to a wake boat. Higher flowing heads and cam will shift the peak torque higher in the power band. These modular ford motors nowadays (5.0, 6.2) don’t need help up high. The heads can flow more than the motor can use. They can breathe like crazy, that’s why these things are so fuel efficient.
We need torque down low to get these heavy pigs outta the water when they’re slammed.
Best thing would be to tune it. But that would involve some ingenuity. In another post a while back I told someone there are some shops here in Houston that are amazing ford tuners. You might be able to get them to do an on the water ‘street tune’ if they could crack the ECU. I’d be game for that in a heartbeat.
Ideally it’d be awesome to have a whipple 2.3L bolted on top with a small duration blower cam on each head (since these are OHC modular motors) to generate that low rpm grunt.
I’m a long time Chevy/mopar push rod motor guy, it pains me to say the Raptors are a good choice in these boats. Lol