Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by bsharer View Post
    If you don't heat it enough the inner support band will break and split the hose.
    This is very close to what was happening. The inner, white support wasn't breaking though, it wasn't getting heated enough (I think) and so wasn't bending, and was blocking as I tried to push it onto the pumps barb. Good tip on the gloves with pull and push, I bet that will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Did wakemakers give you this? If so, you are good to go.

https://www.wakemakers.com/3m-4000-marine-adhesive.html
    Wakemakers supplied me with Attwood silicone adhesive sealant. I'll see if I can get the 3M-4200.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Im going to disagree with some above advise. 1 or 2 people id not so much the point, but you cannot effectively tighten down a ball valve to a thru-hull without properly holding the thru-hull. Holding it with your finger is not enough. Cured sealer, is not enough. You need to securely hold the thru-hull while tightening the ball-valve. best advice, do this all in one step while the sealer is fresh and uncured, not later.
    My sense from talking to the guy is that you shouldn't think of needing it to be really locked down to the hull the way you would with main supports for your tower, etc. He was saying that it's only about 3 psi of water pressure and locking down too much on the fiberglass could cause structural damage to it. He may have been trying to protect me from myself though if I've already overtightened once. I agree with what you're saying, and the through hull having those rails inside for that purpose seems like what was intended. Doing it right after you put the sealant on and using a tool to brace the through hull, (plus a wrench for the nut), is how I plan to do it....just not too tight.
    Last edited by Hayden; 04-25-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods