Quote Originally Posted by GW@vineyardlake View Post
Bought used 2008 LSV last year (2016); I just put three 4" holes in my ski locker and drained at least 8+ gallons of water; it must of been in there forever, stinky as hell and flies love it; pulled as much foam as I could (wish I would've drilled 6" holes); foam is waterlogged and filled with oily water (previous oil leak and I think a current oil leak);will the foam dry out over time?; I'm storing the boat inside for the winter, so hopefully that will help; has anyone actually cut out the entire locker and refoamed?; it seems like the foam traps the water, especially if there is oil in it; what a mess -- stinks like crazy and oil all through the foam.
Yes. Leave it open over the winter and keep sucking water out. I ended up pulling the gas tank out and repairing (epoxy and glass) the bulkhead between ski locker and stern and sealed the ski locker drain with new removable drain plug. It was actually pretty easy and I've never done any fiberglass work before. Put a fresh coat of Bildgekote while the gas tank was out. I also epoxied the opening at the bow. Once the foam is out, you can get some condensation in there. I put some bags of alumina desiccant in the home created when pulling the foam out during the summer and open the deck lid I installed during winter storage.

It does take forever for the water to drain out of the foam. Like 6-12 months.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk