Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have a 2012 lsv and upgraded the back bags to 1100 and then the IBS (intergraded bow sack) under the front seats. 1100 stay in the back. You will loose the front while surfing but it is a must. I made my own suck gates buy finally bought a Nauticurl and it was worth every penny. Made my wave so much better and highly recommend one. Bought mine from www.shortbusboards.com. Great guys and shipped really fast. Not a great picture (driving and taking photos is not easy) but this was my daughter yesterday morning with only me driving, son that weighs 80 and dog at 65. Didn't even have the rear bags full but more on surf side. Way better with more people as you discovered. Hope this helps and feel free to PM me with questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have a suck gate and I love it.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but the bag up front will make the wake longer and i'll be able to push back further on the wave?

At the same time, if I upgrade all of this ballast, I bet I'll have to get a high-altitude prop as well?
    2013 Moomba LSV

I upgraded to 1100 and a homemade surfgate and have an amazing surf wave. I don't have anything extra in the front. Guessing the wave would be better with IBS bag, but from my experience wouldn't say it is required.
    2023 Craz
    2013 LSV

I have a 2013 lsv I upgraded to the 1000lb sumo fatsacs in the rear lockers with a 650lb flyhigh ibs with the wakemakers piggyback kit off the hard tank and a homemade suckgate which is the main essential in my opinion and wakeplate at about 75% down and got a pretty good wave out of it

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    13 moomba mobious

FB_IMG_1499486979079.jpg

14 Mobius LSV

1100s in the rear lockers, 500 piggybacking off the hard center tank under the bow with 250 lbs of steel shot up front also. Homemade suck gate. Running 10.6 with the trim tab all the way up. No passengers in the boat in this picture. Full bag on the surf side, 60-70% on non surf side, front is full also.

This is all great info! When looking on Wakemakers, I can only find 910 pound bags that will fit in the rear lockers. Where are you all getting the 1100 pound bags to fit in the LSV?

Also, the pumps run off a timer. Will I be able to increase the timer enough to support the 1100 pound bags or will I need to modify the timer somehow? I have increased the time before but I'm not sure how high the system will allow you to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Davpmars View Post
    This is all great info! When looking on Wakemakers, I can only find 910 pound bags that will fit in the rear lockers. Where are you all getting the 1100 pound bags to fit in the LSV?

Also, the pumps run off a timer. Will I be able to increase the timer enough to support the 1100 pound bags or will I need to modify the timer somehow? I have increased the time before but I'm not sure how high the system will allow you to go.

On my 17 mojo I upgraded to the Enzo 1450s my timer will stop way earlier I just keep flip the switch to to turn them back on again.

2017 mojo surf edition upgraded rear bags 1450s.

Yes you can go into the menu and increase the timers

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    13 moomba mobious

Quote Originally Posted by JoelFett View Post
    Put 900's or 1100's in the back and 260's under the side seats, make sure you have an IBS in the front connected to the hard tank, and if you want more, use lead or steel bags.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I have

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by JoelFett View Post
    LSV needs front weight to surf right. If you want to keep it afloat and tolerable with gas while not surfing, you need to give up the front storage space for an IBS. You can put stuff up there when not surfing, but while surfing, it will fill the front area with an additional 700ish pounds. Then get the 1100's and give it a whirl. And def get a suck gate. Makes a world of difference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I have an 08 LSV that surfs better than most newer boats on my lake. The first thing I'd purchase is the Mission Delta wake enhancement. 2nd 1100's x 2 rear lockers, 3rd 15x12 2315 acme prop. Last thing I'd add is IBS. My current set up: 1100's, upgraded center locker sac 400-500lbs, Mission Delta. Regular side wave: both 1100's full, center full wake plate 100% DOWN. Goofy side wave: Starboard 1100 full, port 1100 75-80% full center full, wakeplate 100% DOWN. I experimented with a temporary 300lb sac in the bow. Didn't do much for the wave but did keep the bow down slightly. I don't require anyone to ride in the bow. However, will probably add an IBS over the winter just to keep the bow down.

The Mission Delta and 15x12 prop made the biggest impact on the wave. Don't be afraid to increase speed! I typically run 11.7-12.5 mph.

No pics of regular side wave. Regular side wave is taller, longer and cleaner.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV