Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It was in the lower 60's yesterday when they went out, however last weekend we did see 26 one night!

Hang in there, you will be better off selling yours out right, I sold our 98 Mobius this way and got $3000 better than trade in. But, it took 4 months.As far as new boats go shop around, I found an 07 LSV fully loaded 2 hrs for $41000. Bad part,(there always is) 900 mile trip in december to pic it up. Keep shopping & you will find a good deal.

Sled491 Guest

Deerfield, where did you get that date July 26th? I'm looking forward to the Jamboree again. Too bad you couldn't get started on the lake place this year. We started roughing ours this fall, and it'skilling me that it won't be done until the fall at best but more likely next spring.

PS if you guys get really board head over to the Golf Farm down by the Fox lakes on Route 12, the snowcorss racing will keep you thrilled enough for now.

sled - Guys like you who do it all put me to shame. Given the logistics of your building situation, the progress on your house looks great. Some day I'll have a lake vacation home too. In the meantime, this summer we'll divide our play time between a rented slip at Twin Lakes and our lot at Apple Canyon Lake. Right now I'm looking for a used boat lift. With respect to the Chicagoland Jamboree, I got the Saturday, July 26, date from Chris at Ultimate Wake Watersports. We visited at the Chicago boat show last week and then called him to confirm I had the right date in my calendar. Per Chris, he is expecting more boats this year (twenty?) and parking will be a premium. Plan on getting there early. My winter projects are surface mount led underwater lights and a second battery. Check out the lighting idea on www.oceanled.com Pretty cool. - Deerfield

Sled491 Guest

I really like the light idea, where are you planning on installing them? I liked the idea as soon as I saw them in the new V's. Why the second battery? Did the boys kill the cranking battery listening to tunes? I need to install the polks I bought for the cab, and finish installing my depth guage actually just the transducer. I was also thinking about putting in a sub and amp, but that is a very big maybe.

As far as the lake house goes, its hours every weekend and humping materials in the dark 2 nights a week. It's moving as many trusses as I could lift by myself Thanksgiving day. If I can find it, I'll post the pic my brother in law took of us crossing the channel in November through 4 inches of ice and a snow storm with my barge

sled - With the fuel tank located in the stern of the Outback, use a surface mount rather than thru hull application. Position the lights below the water line. I'll put the lights at the lowest point possible on the stern and fairly wide apart from each other. The second battery will allow us to sit after sunset dead in the water with the lights and sound system on without having to worry about power when we are ready to crank the engine. Would love to see pictures of your house project. - Deerfield

Sled491 Guest

Deerfield,
    So you are going to put these on the outside of the boat? If so how are you going to wire them? Aren't you worried about them getting ripped off from the constant wash from the water?

sled - Yup. They are mounted outside the hull. No, they will not get ripped off by the water current. At planing speed they are above the water flow. Only at slower speed and no speed are they below the water line. I'll get back to you on the wiring. - Deerfield