Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Aftermarket surf system option

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    In my humble opinion, I don't think reinforcement is needed. Some may disagree but I see no signs of stress on my transom even with large tabs installed. I don't think any of the trim tab systems use backing plates including tabs mounted on ocean boats, etc....

My advice is to be sure that you get enough upward and downward travel for the tabs. Actuator mounting points have a drastic effect on range of motion for the tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So is the eBay deal you got the best way to go, and readily available?
    -Jake

It was a good deal for me but not sure if it is the best way to go. I got all the pieces needed to start my project but still needed a tab with a much larger surface.

The surplus Mastercraft tabs did not come with a control switch or hardware. I also added tab side actuator mounts in addition to the mounts that were built on the tab. I don't know where to find prefabbed tabs that would work without modification if not buying a system like WaveControl/GoSurfAssist.

I spent around $600 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boonejeepin; 08-06-2015 at 11:46 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I really like the setup on my buddies Sanger 215 and will have to do some research. It's a Bennett system I believe.
    -Jake

I think Bennet offers both electric and hydraulic. Electric is an easier install due to the lack of a pump.
    Last edited by Boonejeepin; 08-06-2015 at 11:55 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I highly doubt they would cut their throat by selling an OEM system direct to the end user. More than likely have to buy through an SC dealer if you want their system. Happens all the time with other vendors to the manufacturers.

You are correct. They told me that I would have to purchase through my local SC dealer. They are not currently selling direct to the end user.
    2014 Moomba LSV

perfect timing, Im wanting to add tabs, didn't see a way to get a price on there website, really only want/need the hardware on the transom, controls used could be just the standard lenco switch's.

I have the ghetto gate and love the wave im gettin now but with our lake being so short and having to make a fairly tight turn at one end I think the tabs would be better for us
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

If you look at there website, they show the aftermarket controller for older boats. Also, for you other LSV guys, my salesman claims that there is a 2015 LSV with the Autoflow installed from the factory which he sold earlier this year. Sure wish he would have told me about it when the boat was there. Now I have to hunt down the owner.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Should be around 3 k
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I highly doubt they would cut their throat by selling an OEM system direct to the end user. More than likely have to buy through an SC dealer if you want their system. Happens all the time with other vendors to the manufacturers.
    Hopefully they've negotiated out older models from any kind of exclusivity with SC. My 2013 does not have the electronics required to run the tabs that the 2014 and newer models have and I'm not really interested in the manual tabs. The Mojo and many other SC models are listed on their website so I'll keep my fingers crossed when I give them a call next week. At the end of the day, I really don't care how I get the autoflow/swell type tabs, be it through them or SC, I'd just like to get it w/o buying a new boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    Hopefully they've negotiated out older models from any kind of exclusivity with SC. My 2013 does not have the electronics required to run the tabs that the 2014 and newer models have and I'm not really interested in the manual tabs. The Mojo and many other SC models are listed on their website so I'll keep my fingers crossed when I give them a call next week. At the end of the day, I really don't care how I get the autoflow/swell type tabs, be it through them or SC, I'd just like to get it w/o buying a new boat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That is there plan, I assume they will. Be dealer install only
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold