Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Removing/Replacing Factory Stereo Remote

I am installing a new remote control for my new-ish Kenwood stereo. This new remote is circular, and does not fit into the same location as the existing factory remote, so will have to be mounted elsewhere. From what I've been told the factory Kenwood remote is obsolete (that originall came with the boat), and not manufactured any longer. I'd like to remove the abandoned remote control, but I don't know of anything to put in its place. Any ideas/suggestions?
    2003 Moomba Outback LSV

is the old remote flush mount? Pictures would help!
    How about a switch panel for ballast switches or additional accessory switches for LEDs, Main Breaker for push button start, ect...)?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

don't drink & drive

beer holster.jpg

I have an original factory remote (white oval shaped) that was installed in my previous 05 LSV. It was connected to the Kenwood unit. It's just laying around the shed. You can have it if that helps you any.
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold

Thats why I asked if it was flush mounted! If its surface mounted you can pretty much use whatever shape remote you want as long as it's compatible and covers the screw holes!!

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Thats why I asked if it was flush mounted! If its surface mounted you can pretty much use whatever shape remote you want as long as it's compatible and covers the screw holes!!
    OK. Just offering a suggestion; and a free remote.

I agree with you Badfoot! Free is always good. And nice of you to offer it up. I had the Aeware oval remote on my 07 outback. It was surface mounted.
    From the OP's post I got the impression there is a big void where old remote was? Could be wrong?

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

I appreciate the offer of the old remote, but it is not compatible with my new stereo, from what I've been told. I'll go home and take a pic of the new remote plug, and post it. If the plugs match up, maybe I will take you up on your offer.

The existing remote fits in a molded in spot on the dash with the rest of the gages. If it's removed, you would notice that something used to be there. Since the new Kenwood remotes are circular, they won't fit in the oval area where the old remote used to be.
    2003 Moomba Outback LSV

Looks like I misinterpreted your question. I thought you were trying to fill the spot with an original shaped oval remote. My bad. I had the same problem when I changed mine out. I attached a photo of my install of a round remote. It's an Alpine and don't know if the dimensions are the same as yours, but I filled the recessed portion of the dash with a plastic piece and installed the round remote over it. It's not perfect but it worked for me. It may be helpful in your case. Good luck.
    alpine remote.jpg

Default Pics of new remote

See new remote and plug below. I guess if the old remote would work, I could return this new one. You know what I am talking about with the new circular remotes versus the old oval ones.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    2003 Moomba Outback LSV