Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 8" Empty Tower Cans?

I'm having trouble finding 8" empty cans. Can someone point me in the right direction? I was thing (4) Kicker 8" Coax with LEDs.

Thanks!

Contact Odin @ Earmark Marine. They have an 8" pod that will fit the Kicker KM8. They come in white or black powder coat. Just note, you will need to enlarge the pods opening in order to accommodate the KM8.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Contact Odin @ Earmark Marine. They have an 8" pod that will fit the Kicker KM8. They come in white or black powder coat. Just note, you will need to enlarge the pods opening in order to accommodate the KM8.
    Thanks Mike, how do you feel about 4 of those on a Mondo for Surf/Party cove setup? Originally I wanted a six pack but I think the 8's will be a better fit.

Have you seen the new L7's? Thinking about one in a custom box under the dash paired with the new KXM1200.1

Thats the 2nd boat we've done 2 pair on since the KM8 was released last spring. Finished that setup yesterday. 2 pair driven with dual KM400.4 @ 200W rms to each. Its a very impressive surf/party cove setup. Size sill always trump quantity in RE to sound quality. Doing another 2 pair later this month.

The new Q series was actually unveiled just last week at the CES in Vegas. It has been held close to the vest, so I know much of nothing about the new subs, other than whats printed. The new Q amps look sweat.

Thats the 2nd boat we've done 2 pair on since the KM8 was released last spring. Finished that setup yesterday. 2 pair driven with dual KM400.4 @ 200W rms to each. Its a very impressive surf/party cove setup. Size sill always trump quantity in RE to sound quality. Doing another 2 pair later this month.

The new Q series was actually unveiled just last week at the CES in Vegas. It has been held close to the vest, so I know much of nothing about the new subs, other than whats printed. The new Q amps look sweat.
    Ya I saw that, they look nice. I was thinking of doing....
    (4) KM8's on tower
    (2) 400.4 for tower
    (4) Km6's in stock cabin locations (I think the '15 come stock with KM6's not sure though)
    (1) 400.4 for cabin
    (2) KM6's in the bow
    (1) 400.2 for the bow
    (1) L712 under the dash
    (1) 1200.1 for sub
    (4) ZXMLRC for sub, tower, cabin & bow

Not sure I can fit (5) amps in there though haha. Would I have to upgrade the alternator?

I definitely like that wattage to the tower.

The KM400.4 is going to deliver 50W rms to each of the 4 main cabins. It will easily drive the bow pair as well, with the same wattage. This would get you down to 4 amps, unless there was a reason you wanted to drive the bow pair with 100W to each?

Now, this brings me to another thought. With a 1200W 12" sub, 50W to your in-boats may not be enough to balance the bass. if you can stick with 5 amps, do dual 400.2's. This would be 100W rms to all 6 in-boats and you can even add a 4th pair if you like.

Yes, I do believe the 15's are now coming with the new KM654

I definitely like that wattage to the tower.

The KM400.4 is going to deliver 50W rms to each of the 4 main cabins. It will easily drive the bow pair as well, with the same wattage. This would get you down to 4 amps, unless there was a reason you wanted to drive the bow pair with 100W to each?

Now, this brings me to another thought. With a 1200W 12" sub, 50W to your in-boats may not be enough to balance the bass. if you can stick with 5 amps, do dual 400.2's. This would be 100W rms to all 6 in-boats and you can even add a 4th pair if you like.

Yes, I do believe the 15's are now coming with the new KM654

So dual 400.4 for tower & dual 400.2 for in boats plus 1200.1 for sub? Could I still separate the bow speakers with a separate volume control?

Thanks for the help Mike!

Yes sir, still have 4 zones.

Yes sir, still have 4 zones.
    Ok cool, I wonder if I should add a third battery or upgrade the alternator?

I doubt you will need to upgrade the alternator. Additional battery Ah will be dependent upon how long you want play while at anchor.