Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Glad to hear you're back on the water, never like to see people go through that kind of thing. Worst part is it can happen anywhere at anytime! Enjoy the rest of the season!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Lesson learned for everyone.....that's what happens when you pull a tube!
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Fact!.....I have had prop strikes before, but that was normally expected because I was in my duck boat and we were running in the swamps, but not in open water and 18 feet of water. In the end all is good and sadly someone else has hit the same tree after visiting the place last weekend. I am sure that there will be revenge on that particular tree in the near future for sure. At this rate I am guess it could be valued at a easy 10K tree. LOL
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

Come on over to lake tillery. A lot cleaner water than Jordan.
    2007 Moomba Outback V
    2015 F-250 PSD CC

2012 Fuse 40 T-bar
    Sky Ski Le-38
    XXX front wing
    UFO rear wing
    Evo tower

Quote Originally Posted by garl.wilson View Post
    Fact!.....I have had prop strikes before, but that was normally expected because I was in my duck boat and we were running in the swamps, but not in open water and 18 feet of water. In the end all is good and sadly someone else has hit the same tree after visiting the place last weekend. I am sure that there will be revenge on that particular tree in the near future for sure. At this rate I am guess it could be valued at a easy 10K tree. LOL
    is it a solid stump or something floating below surface? is it marked now? seems very unsafe
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Seriously. Sounds like a spot for a guy to go do some spotting or maybe go with a fishing boat and fish finder - find that sucker and mark it with some floats. Aside from the $$ you may save someone's life.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Fact.....it was already marked last weekend when I went out with my buddy. I plan to go back and take a saw and a mask and get to work on it. At that price I am going to make a trophy out of it with my bent shaft and prop.

You are right about saving someones life. Like I said when we went back someone had already marked it with some life jackets to let people know there was something submerged under the water.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

It was a tree submerged under the water apparently and I never seen it even when I did my "drugging pass" before we started having fun. I have seen many boats using that channel too in the past, but I always do my drugging passes before I start to ski. It was just my time I guess.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

Sounds good...I bunch of us want to get together and come over that way and camp and just cut up on the water. Next season we will have to link up and check it out.
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

On our river when the water gets low enough part of a sunken barge is visible under the surface up near an island we frequent. The part that sticks up just to the surface are the 2x2 timbers that used to be the deck. Like 2ft x 2ft! The rest extends deeper out into the channel. Spooky to even look at it. While back I sacrificed one of my bumpers and tied off to it and left it there to save someone some grief - or worse. A week later the bumper was gone and had been replaced by a couple of 2 liter bottles but still on the rope I had used. Apparently someone really wanted that bumper but oh well, at least it was still marked!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...