Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: tow vehicles

2003 F-350 6.0 diesel. Don't even know my 2006 Outback V is back there
    :P

used to tow my outback with a 98 silverado that was lifted , got about 9 mpg, then I grenaded tow trannies decided to upgrade to a F350 7.3 powerstroke diesel, now i get close to 20 mpg with the boat behind me(fuels cheaper too)and cant even tell its behind me, I actually just towed my buddys new x star and same thing didnt even know it was there

Sled491 Guest

Dodge 2500 Cummings Diesel, long box crew cab. 4 inch exhaust 34" tires and nothing keeps me from the lake. @ 75 mph on the freeway about 17 mpg. Very comfy for family of 5 and gear. I'll never go back to a gas engine in my trucks

05 F-150 5.4l 4x4. I love those dodge diesels especially the black ones that would match my boat perfectly. I just wish you didnt have to cut off your right arm to pay for them these days.

2007 Honda Ridgeline. I live on a lake, so I don't tow all that often. The truck pulls it very well, and the brakes are more than ample.

2006 dodge 1500 quad cab 4x4 and yes its got a hemi
    level kit install and just put on 35" toyo open country mt's
    room for 5 and a huge "trunk"

tows the 03 lsv with no problem

stacy

For those who want the score, here's a break down of Moomba tow vehicles by brand:

Ford - 9
    Chevy - 6
    Dodge - 6
    Toyota - 3
    Jeep - 2
    Nissan - 2
    Honda - 1
    Saturn - 1

smoothie - don't think I saw any minivans in there. - deerfield

Default tow vehicle

I pull my outback with an 05 chevy silverado. It has the small V8 without the tow package and it sucks. The truck is always shifting, and yes I hit the little trailer button. It can not keep it's speed consistant, the top gear is to big to pull the boat so when I stop acceleraring and start to just cruise it shifts to high gear and it can't pull it, so it down shifts and accelerates and does this the whole trip. If I stay around 50 miles an hour it's ok but sometimes I have 200 miles to drive. In that case I call up my brother and barrow the f-350 turbo deisel and it easy riding. Get deisel if you can I will next time.

I tow with an 01 Expedition with a 5.4ltr. I don't even know the boat is there.

A MERCEDES BENZ G type :lo
    the ulimate tow vehicle