Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAE on 2013 LSV

From what I understand, the quick disconnect is just from the swim platform. You would still have a couple of hose clamps to loosen in order to remove the FAE from the exhaust outlet....

I haven't had the quick disconnects, so maybe someone that has will chime in, but I'm pretty sure it's made so that it can be quickly disconnected from the platform.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Default FAE on 2013 LSV

From what Christina said these clamps are different than the quick release option they list on the website. Here is her quote

"If you have a clearance issue for storage purposes, we do have quick release clamps that we can use with the Platform Quick Release to completely remove the FAE from the boat. We have several customers where storage has caused this to be a necessity and they are happy with the complete disconnect system."

I have asked for a quote but I was worried about the attachment and how it would hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Quick Release,

It is only on the swim deck section. The 2 poles that connect the FAE to the swim deck cross bar have a quick release at the top from the plastic top peace.

To release the FAE from your exhaust you just loosen the hose clamp and pull it off. Takes about 5 minutes.

I have had the FAE on the 08 LSV, and I have it for the Mojo. I was using it last summer, since I have upgraded to the 14 swim brackets I have not re-installed the FAE.

Its on my to-do list.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default FAE on 2013 LSV

I do believe that the quick release clamps that Christina is talking about are an added cost above what the system normally costs but I have not seen the quote yet and I don't believe they are even listed on the website as an option.

Mike - do you have the quick release clamps that Christina is talking about or just the ones that normally come with the system? She made it sound like the quick release clamps were different but what do I know. I agree it's completely different than the platform quick release.

Just want to make sure I understand all of this prior to purchasing.

Thanks everyone.

Jesse

2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    I do believe that the quick release clamps that Christina is talking about are an added cost above what the system normally costs but I have not seen the quote yet and I don't believe they are even listed on the website as an option.

Mike - do you have the quick release clamps that Christina is talking about or just the ones that normally come with the system? She made it sound like the quick release clamps were different but what do I know. I agree it's completely different than the platform quick release.

Thanks everyone.

If she is referring to Clamps, such as Hose clamps then I have not had the pleasure of using them.

I just loosen the band clamps on the hose there the metal pipe has a rubber spacer pipe connecting it to my exhaust outlet.

The quick release for the platform is $40.00 normally, or it has been last 2 times I ordered.

If they are using new Band Clamps that have a quick release function I'm not aware. I will contact her and get more info for you.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post

Thanks everyone.

I would imagine that they implemented something like this:

http://www.grainger.com/product/HI-T...se-Clamp-2TA48

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Those make me nervous LOL. I'd hate for it to pop loose when under way.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Those make me nervous LOL. I'd hate for it to pop loose when under way.
    I'm actually surprised that he still uses the tradiational hose clamps that could strip out easier... Personally, I'd be more in favor of using the T-bolt clamps because those are way more bombproof.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I do like those a lot better, but I Ford has been using those on the Turbo Boots on the Diesels but I was told they only can take so much torque when you tighten them down.

I sent an email off to Christine to fill us in with more details.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I do like those a lot better, but I Ford has been using those on the Turbo Boots on the Diesels but I was told they only can take so much torque when you tighten them down.

I sent an email off to Christine to fill us in with more details.
    Interesting. my understanding is that the t-bolts can go a LOT tighter than the typical hose clamp style like Larry ships with the FAE. I use the T-bolt ones on the intake of my M3.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com