Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Once the traffic gets up, we do a Kid Rock and find a spot to pimp. We really do not cruise very much because of the rougher ride of the OB. but I didn't buy the OB for cruising, I got it for the skiing and boarding, both of which you want to have 'glass while partaking.
    Heck my old 88 Bayliner run-a-bout had a better ride but I wouldn't think of going back to an I/O. The ride of the OB I like to think of as having 'sport suspension'.
    Plus after 3 years, I still get "hey man, that's a nice boat!"
    B

I agree. Besides, gas is to expensive to spend your time cruising around the lake.

I have definitely decided against an I/O. I think the thing that is the most unnerving is the feeling of being a cork in the ocean. The OB is so light that it would get pushed around by the rollers. More freeboard would make boating a little easier and the V-drive seating and storage configuration would be a welcome change. This is also the only way that I will get Perfect Pass. My wife just can't justify spending $1200 to install on the OB, but will spend $10K to change boats. Women are funny!!
    Anyway, not being one to wait around I have already found a new motorhome to look at. Set up to tow 6000 lbs and much purdier than my existing coach.

I'll keep the board informed of my progress.

Dave Out....

Sled491 Guest

Like they always say Go big or GO home

You will definately like the seating arrangements in the v-drive better, Thats the same reason my wife wanted to upgrade, she said she hated walking around the engine and she wanted a sundeck. So honestly who was I to argue, convincing the wife is usually the hardest part anyway, at least I made sure she liked the color before I ordered it

ATLOUTBACKV, we usually put in at mary alice and ride in four mile or we will ride by the cliffs close to gainesville marina and then we will party at cocktail cove, I've got 42 hrs on the boat already and I picked her up in may, I'm not to sorry to say most of that time was spent at a party of some sort, I've been having a great time with it so far, and I wish it wasn't gonna be rainy here all weekend, we may just go to alatoona for a cpl of morning sets this weekend.

I haven't tried wakesurfing yet, but I want to give it a shot. I'm afraid I'll like it, and then I'll really need a bigger boat. I already carry 2 slalom skis, 4 wakeboards, 2 kneeboards, 2 tubes, and all the ropes, fenders, and PFDs. Add a cooler and some towels and it's a full boat without the passengers. If I get into wakesurfing I'll need to tow a trailer behind the boat for all the gear. Either that or go with the Mastercraft X-80. Have you seen that monster. A 28' twin engine wakeboard boat. Who thinks this stuff up?

Anyway, I am getting the new motorhome tomorrow. I just fell into a great deal on a clean used unit. http://rides.webshots.com/album/559854847TpdAAH

I'm going to wait until spring to start looking at boats. I'm leaning towards an '06 LSV. I have read about so many issues with the '07 v-drives that I'm a bit nervous. If only I can find a boat owned by someone like me, who took good care of it. I'll just keep my eyes and ears open.

Dave

Sled491 Guest

Very nice motor home? DId you ask your wife about color matching the motor home to your new boat?

In our local paper this weekend a guy is selling his 2007 Mastercraft X2 I think with 20hrs only 2 months old for 58k said he paid 68K for it. Can you imagine what that twin motor beast is worth? I heard they were over 80K. How's that work with the old budget? I bet your thinking about sytaying with Moomba now

X-80's are about $120K MSRP... YUK and can you imagine the GAS... Twin 375Hp !! There is NOWHERE around here I could even use that! Our ramps suck as it is... I could imagine trying to get that backed in..
    And I imagine my tahoe would be a little sluggish on that so I would have to have a HD Truck...
    I'll stick with the Outback a little longer... although I want an LSV!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I wasn't seriously considering the X-80, or any Mastercraft for that matter. I do really like the Moombas, and the Moomba community. i would have to find a screamin' deal on some other brand to make me consider switching.

Dave