Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice

Don't worry Pike they will get him!
    The occurance of this used to be rampant here and they took care of it.. every once and a while one slips through but, rest assured they will get him!

Last year was my first year wakeboarding and we too had a great deal of trouble clearing wake to wake. The "Book" is very helpfull but does leave out alot of the basics. The first thing you need to do is make sure your wake is correct, and your line is not to long. The shorter the line the less distance it will require to clear the wake. Just for reference, I have a 06 LSV rope at 65',ballest bags full, wake plate all the way up and speed around 21 to 22. The biggest mistake we made was to bend our knees. Do not bend your knees. Yes bending your knees and pulling the rope will give you more height but it requires your timing to be perfect. The easiest way to clear the wake is go out wide edge in the whole way and lock your body. Lean back a little when you hit the wake but make sure your knees are locked and your body stiff. All the enegy will be transfered to your jump and not absorbed by your body. If you watch the book they show you this on the basic jumping section they just dont tell you what they are doing. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by drhodes5
    Last year was my first year wakeboarding and we too had a great deal of trouble clearing wake to wake. The "Book" is very helpfull but does leave out alot of the basics. The first thing you need to do is make sure your wake is correct, and your line is not to long. The shorter the line the less distance it will require to clear the wake. Just for reference, I have a 06 LSV rope at 65',ballest bags full, wake plate all the way up and speed around 21 to 22. The biggest mistake we made was to bend our knees. Do not bend your knees. Yes bending your knees and pulling the rope will give you more height but it requires your timing to be perfect. The easiest way to clear the wake is go out wide edge in the whole way and lock your body. Lean back a little when you hit the wake but make sure your knees are locked and your body stiff. All the enegy will be transfered to your jump and not absorbed by your body. If you watch the book they show you this on the basic jumping section they just dont tell you what they are doing. Good luck

Ohhhhh.......Thank you for the info, the only problem is now you got me thinking about what to do and I WANNA GO OUT NOW!!! And my boat is in the shop for my 20 hr. Oh well, I just have to be patient

Thanks again
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"