I haven't worn a watch in ... well since cell phones started showing time as said. I don't like them on my wrist, especially when it's hot out. And since I'm outside as much as possible that stupid looking pale (translucent) band around my wrist looked pretty stupid to me, especially since i'm always very dark in the spring - fall ;/ Now it's not to say I don't own a nice watch because I do, a very limited edition Bulova that probably cost my wife quite a bit 10 years ago that I only wear to special occasions ... about six times to be exact. I do own one other, a 1920's Elgin still in the original case in mint condition that was my grandfathers given to him by my grandmother. Still has the original foil price tag of $37.50 in the case. Worth way more than that now but it's quite priceless to me.

My brother has lived in Western Austrailia for around 12 years now and has always been enamored with watches for some reason. Anyway he was taught watch and clock repair by an oldtimer there whom owned a shop. Since then he's been collecting valuable and rare broken watches from around the world, repairs them and sells them usually making a mint off each one. In Australia everything is super expensive compared to our prices and it's easy to sell anything vintage US there.