Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Replying to Topic 'perfect pass and idling problems...'

Hmmmm......I assumed that everything between the Supra's and Moomba's would be the same and that the ez-cruise was only possible because of the throttle by wire. On mine it is a true throttle by wire. There is no physical link between the throttle cable and the throttle body on the engine. The throttle cable still travels from the throttle control back to the engine compartment instead of having a throttle position sensor right on the throttle control. Word is that this is because people really didn't like the feel of it without the cable.

I was under the impression that there was a difference between the current system and the full fledged stuff that Mastercraft, etc advertise all over the place as a feature the "lower end" boats do not have. I also remember a recent thread where someone from Skiers Choice (BR?) talked about not having that feature and needing to go to it in the future as well.

I know about the feel of the first TBW in vehicles... felt way to "slippery" - but a few friction washers and an adjustement and they are all over the place now.

Thx,

Joe

I think the MC version is a little different. From talking to my dealer he said they tried mounting the throttle position sensor directly to the throttle. When they tested it, everyone hated the feel of it as it was extremely senstive and there wasn't enough resistance. I believe he said that the new MC system has like a foot or two of cable that attaches to the sensor, which differs from our as the cable still runs all the way back to the engine compartment where it attaches to the sensor. Maybe they plan to change it in the future. I can't see how it would be too hard to mount the sensor directly to the hand throttle and design some friction plates which could be adjusted by the user to their own preference of resistance in the throttle.

I have had a intermitent idle problem on my 04 mobius lsv for about the last 50 hours of use (205 hrs to date). I had the dealer check the problem, they made an adjustment to recalibrate one of the sensors to no sucess. I ordered a new electronic speed sensor but it did not come in a timley manner so I disconnected all three electronic connections to the carburator, inspected blew them off a little and reconnected them all in a firm manner. No idle problems in the last 20 hours of use. I relate it is a electrical issue not a part calibration or part malfunction. I had a high idle intermitantly during idle out of harbor and a very high idle after wakeboard runs. Hopeing for good weather in seattle good luck, Kent. [email protected]
    04 Mobius LSV w/320