Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spark Plugs

plug looks old but ok imo did it come from a forward cylinder on a carbed engine?....nice gapping tool.....looks better than the one i use ,i'm going to get that napa gapper
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    plug looks old but ok imo did it come from a forward cylinder on a carbed engine?....nice gapping tool.....looks better than the one i use ,i'm going to get that napa gapper

No, it came from a fuel injected 325... not sure of the "forward" thing

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCaron View Post
    No, it came from a fuel injected 325... not sure of the "forward" thing
    I think he is referring to the fact that in a carbureted or throttle body injection engine the condition of the plugs always look different from the cylinders at the front of the block as apposed to the ones from the back of the block. In an inboard the front cylinders will run a little leaner because the engine is tilted slightly upward, and even more so when cruzing around. Hence the forward cylinders have to fight with gravity and will look cleaner (since less fuel makes it to those cylinders) and the back cylinders will either be normal or slightly rich. This is not so with EFI since each cylinder has its own fuel source.
    '01 Mobius

Quote Originally Posted by jra007 View Post
    I think he is referring to the fact that in a carbureted or throttle body injection engine the condition of the plugs always look different from the cylinders at the front of the block as apposed to the ones from the back of the block. In an inboard the front cylinders will run a little leaner because the engine is tilted slightly upward, and even more so when cruzing around. Hence the forward cylinders have to fight with gravity and will look cleaner (since less fuel makes it to those cylinders) and the back cylinders will either be normal or slightly rich. This is not so with EFI since each cylinder has its own fuel source.
    explained very well
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

AC 41-932 platinum was discontinued and replaced by AC 41-101 iridium which are $6.95 at local auto parts stores. Both are actually made by NGK.

I switched to Denso platinum TT in my vehicles but plan on using AC 41-101 in the boat.

I have the 340ext. local schucks/oreilly sold me a set of 8 last year at winterization for around $50. they are a standard plug in the chevy line, and if you get the platinum or iridium, they should come pretty much pre-gapped for the engine.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten