Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Im trying to get away from having to buy a new head unit. I have enough clouding my bank account with all these amps, power distribution systems, level controls, wiring, tower speakers, etc. My current head unit has a wired remote like the one you have on the back of your boat, but its like molded into the cockpit. I suppose I could relocate that one to the back of the boat, put something crafty in the hole it leaves behind, and use the TV-style remote up front, but that would cause me to have to operate the boat with the glove box open. Id rather have the glove box open when Im just cove-ing it. Feel me?
    You can wire as many remotes as you like to that unit. I have 2 that I installed myself. You don't need a "Y" cable, the remote has 4 wires, just match up the colors and you are good to go. Infact, some of the boats are pre-wired for a transom remote, you just have to dig out the wires from the harness.
    2013 Outback V

Any idea what the model is of that remote or where to get one? I keep looking on different sites at the discontinued head unit because a lot of the accessories are still available, but none of the sites list the little oval remote that we all know and love. I tried ebay too, but without a part number or anything to identify, I dont really know how to get my hands on one. I think the stock kenwood head unit is much different even between the 05 and 06. I have the 05. Its a KDC-MP225.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

First off your probably looking in all the wrong places, if your talking about the Aeware remote that is. It's not made for the application SC uses it for, it's actually initially made for the Spa industry and SC is the only boat mfgr that uses it. Good luck as they're not cheap new.

Examples:
    http://www.allpartspoolandspa.com/st...l&item=_TSC-55

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wired-Reote-Keyp...efaultDomain_0
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Any idea what the model is of that remote or where to get one? I keep looking on different sites at the discontinued head unit because a lot of the accessories are still available, but none of the sites list the little oval remote that we all know and love. I tried ebay too, but without a part number or anything to identify, I dont really know how to get my hands on one. I think the stock kenwood head unit is much different even between the 05 and 06. I have the 05. Its a KDC-MP225.
    lewis,

As everyone has been saying, you can string together as many remotes as you want. Just splice into the wires from the existing remote and run in to the transom to your second remote. I used security cable from Home Depot - worked great.

Go to Ebay and search "kenwood wired remote". I got the Kenwood remote instead of the Aeware remote. The part # is KCA-RC50MR, like the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-PKGRC50M...efaultDomain_0

I had one go out recently and was able to find a new one for $35 shipped from eBay.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV