Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One thing to keep in mind. Just like when you are driving a car - when you stare at something you head for it. In the course, if you look at the bouy the whole time you are skiing to it you will ski directly to it and you will be way late because your ski will still be heading out when you get to the bouy. In an ideal world your turn is already complete when you get to the bouy. Especially at 15 off at the slower speeds. I used to think I understood exactly how to overcome this, but not sure anymore.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

well had a tough go of it today but still had a blast- just seemed like I was late the whole course-but I'm officially addicted- and soon I'll stop posting every time I ski the course but for now I just can't help myself. After 10 passes or so we pulled the boat from the ski lake and took it out to the local reservoir and just swam and relaxed. So I guess you could say we had a full day of Moombaing! Also props to Mrs. Skiyaker for learning to point that OBV nose right down the center of the course- it made her pretty nervous at first but she's great at it!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    Also props to Mrs. Skiyaker for learning to point that OBV nose right down the center of the course- it made her pretty nervous at first but she's great at it!
    Way to go, Mrs. S!!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

So when you say you were late, do you mean later than you wanted? Or too late to make the bouy? Are you getting just to the inside of the ball? Basically being narrow in the course? Does the course you are on have the green pullout bouys?

Sled491 Guest

Always intimidating for a first timer to drive the course. Chirs Parish had a WR denied recently becuase the boat was to far off center on the # 5 bouy.

Timing is everything. But all this means nothing with out some Video and Pics

sled- no doubt- next I'll have to teach the Mrs to drive and take pics haha- next time I see that boomerang out there though I'm posting a pic of it cause she's beautiful

Dave- no green pullout buoys on our course by the time you're up you're on the course. I did get the entrance gate timing down better but today it just seemed like I was being pulled down the course and each buoy I was just later and later to. The problem is my offside turn- it needs some work to say the least. I end up cranking on my onside but then get pulled down the course after the even buoys. I moved the fin forward hoping to free it up a bit but that didn't help- well now I have a new ski on the way so we'll see what happens there. I'm having a hard time focusing on technique with all those buoys flying past!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

I would say your experience is typical. Just getting in the course regularly will help. the timing is different than when you are skiing open water. Have fun and don't freak out...

went to a coaching clinic last night put on by the indiana waterski association- what a great group of guys. took a set behind a malibu response and got some good tips- I definitely have some things to work on. I'm loving the Radar Senate now and after talking with the guys last night it looks like I need to move the bindings forward a notch.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!