Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moombabound View Post
    Difference is that everyone eats; few own a boat. With friends over for dinner, there is an almost universal understanding of future reciprocation. Even then, they often offer to bring a salad, and usually show up with wine. conversely, if they're on your boat, they more than likely (tho not always) do not have a boat, thus cannot reciprocate.
    ^^^^^^^Vary well put.

I will always accept the gas money. If I am pulling you around the lake then you can help chip in on gas. Especially if you are a regular. If you didn't own a truck and asked me to drive half way across the state and haul something for you then I would expect for you to pay for the gas in my truck. To me you can either help cover the gas for riding on and behind the boat all day or take on the full expense of owning a boat. I bet most people would find it better to just chip in the 10 bucks on gas compared to having all the other work and expenses.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Just because i am the boat owner doesnt mean i should have to front the cost of $1,000 a month in gas, let alone all the other things that come with it such as boards, ropes, etc. Hell i have boards on the boat i dont even use or need just so other can have something to ride that fits them. $1,000 a month in gas is not in my budget nor do i think it should be.

Wholly crap! If I spent 1k in gas in a month I would need to take the gas money too!
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

I could care less about friends and fam. It is more like the friend of a friend of a coworker that rides every other turn all day and drinks my beer and doesn't offer anything(including libations) that annoy me.
    '07 Moomba Outback V.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I
    Hell i have boards on the boat i dont even use or need just so other can have something to ride that fits them.
    second that. I have an old wakeboard and a wakesurf board that I could have sold a couple of years ago for cash, but I keep them around, and they have gotten pretty trashed up from all the noobs using them. I only keep them for others that don't have them. I certainly don't mind, but again, I also expect that if you're going, offer up some cash.

going with a couple of regular riders on friday and invited my roommate to go. he's never been with me. his parents had a boat that he boarded behind when he was younger. he immediately wanted to know how much for gas and what he should bring to drink. nice to offer and you can bet I won't turn his $$ down even though I invited him since I know he'll burn up a bunch of gas trying surfing for the first time..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

We've had a cottage and a sucession of (better) boats over the last 6 years. We continue to invite our best friends (they have ski chalet) with immunity however a non-contributor only comes once!

I appreciate it when people offer gas money and I gladly accept it. I just make sure it's not way too much. I've had great luck with guests & everbody usually throws in $10-$20. I ALWAYS do the same when we go out on other peoples boats too. It sucks to front the $100 or so it takes to go out for the day by yourself. And the way I look at it is it's cheaper than a round of golf and way more fun!
    ________
    Suzuki GT380
    Last edited by Frenchy; 01-18-2011 at 05:59 PM.

man frenchy, you must have some spendy courses. top quality course weekend rate here walking is around $34. boat and truck eat up 2x that with minimal skiing

Lol I was talking about price per person
    U could def spend $100 for 18 holes around here but those aren't the courses that you'll catch me on!
    ________
    A7
    Last edited by Frenchy; 01-18-2011 at 05:59 PM.

ya, I cap my round at $40 tops, and I try to walk every course I can. really pisses me off when I get to some of the fancy resort courses that force you to ride when the walk would be soooo much better...

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    man frenchy, you must have some spendy courses. top quality course weekend rate here walking is around $34. boat and truck eat up 2x that with minimal skiing
    I would hate to see what my golf membership costs per round now that i have a moomba nd a cottage).

We only invite the people we no and like and contributions are always welcome , beer, snacks, ice, gear etc. but no direct gas money, we usually trade off like buying for dinner with our group of friends, kind of a race to see who can get the bill first
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold