I did get an answer for Florida. The state lemon law applies to "motor vehicles" which included boats. Though I'd still like to give Skier's Choice a chance to address these problems directly. Maybe I've just had a bad dealer experience here in Jacksonville. That said, I haven't gotten any response at all from SC in reference to my boat issues either.
I don't mean to bash Moomba. This is my second boat and I was very happy with the first. Actually. I've been happy with my XLV when I get to use it. The big ticket items are solid. The engine, trans, hull, tower all great. But a lot of the accessories are having problems. I just think that, like all vehicles, sometimes you get one that was put together too quickly, or on a bad day, or not quality checked before delivery. I have friends with various types of boats. They all have similar stories about ankle biting problems and chronic problems. Boats are boats. The difference is in the support.
When these problems occur, and they will, the dealership needs to get them squared away quickly and properly or they're going to lose customers. What they need to understand is that one of the reasons they've been successful is that boat owners like me have sang their praises in the past. When boats have problems, and all will, buyers need to feel confident that they will get some factory/dealership support for their purchase. In my case this just isn't happening or it's taking long periods of time when it does. Where that puts me is a place in which I need to sell this boat before the warranty runs out or face a lot of out of pocket costs in the future.
So that's what I'm doing. I've got to sell it or take the risk. Even at the "discounted" 45K, to add up the boat payment plus insurance, storage, and maintenence is about all I can do. $90 per hour of labor at the shop while my boat is out of use when I need it most is just not an option for me.