Newb here...was wondering if you all can give me your opinions on a direct drive Outback vs. the V Drive. We are looking for a boat. I found what seems to be a good deal on an 07 Outback. It has a tower, racks, and rear ballast. This will be my and my family's first boat. I mean I have had several PWCs and have been around boats all my life but never have I owned my own boat. I wakeboard a little and when I say a little I mean I'm able to get up and ride but haven't even tried the most basic of tricks but would really like to get into it. I have three young kids so the boat would be used for everything....tubing, wakeboarding, skiing, kneeboarding, etc, and riding around on the lake. We have a good bit of friends, none of whom wakeboard, who will go along as well when the kids don't. I think for the price and it being a newer boat that it would be a great entry into this market and then maybe in 5 years or so trade up to a bigger V drive.

I have always been weary of the DD because of the Motor in the middle of the boat and it seems to take up a lot of seating room. But have been told it offers more floor space for walking around and stuff. I'm sure many of you have different opinions so please school the Newb as this is my first entry into inboards.

-E