Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
I completely understand and agree boats are depreciating assets, I was just a bit shocked at the amount of depreciation given the increase in new models. I figured the older models would hold a decent value and then you would pay the yearly increase in addition to a small amount of depreciation. However, my quote seemed to me, that it was annual price increase plus large depreciation.

I knew going in this was likely to happen as the market was just insane during covid. I was tracking used G23 since 2017 and they were slowly dropping into the 80-90k range for 2014-2016 model year boats. But then in 2021 those same boats which were 2 years older jumped to 100-110k.

That ridiculous market is why I bought new. I looked at used boats and there was no way I was paying someone more money for their used boat than they paid new. I saw a lot of arguments on FB about how that was or was not going to last. It’s going to be tough for the folks that stretched for a payment only to find out if they want to sell they are going to likely lose a good bit of money.
Your boat didn't depreciate that much, it's just what the dealer is offering. Friend of mine got a low trade in offer on his 2 year old G23 for a Paragon. Sold on his own for about 25-30k more.