So, I'm still struggling with my surf settings on my 2021 Max. I have read through Matt's 50 page thread (for the second time) and read through all the other threads regarding the Autowake surf settings trying to get some insight, and it has helped a lot, but I am still unclear about a few things.

First off, I see that the "factory defaults" for the surf tabs are supposed to be 70% for the port plate and 60% for the starboard plate. However, I can't seem to find any settings for this in the menus. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to adjust them manually? Can that be done with Autowake on? I guess the same goes for the trim tab... that the "default" is 25%, but I don't see any setting for that in the menus.

Also, I though I saw in some of the posts that the default pitch is 9 degrees, but when I go to my menus, it lists 8 degrees as the factory default. The 3 degree regular and 5 degree goofy seems to match what I have read, but the pitch seems to be off. Are y'all having better luck with 8 degrees or 9 degrees?

I know all of this stuff is a starting point, and that Autowake is a powerful tool to help optimize the wake and such, but I can't ask my wife to tweak the tabs while she is driving to improve the wake. I need to have everything set where she just points the boat in the right direction. She pretty much hates our Max because it drives like a brick at low speeds. She could drive our Outback like a champ and load it on the trailer in one shot in a heartbeat. She's not just eye candy, either; she can wakeboard, wakesurf, and ski the slalom course. She just hates driving the boat. Which is why after two full summers of owning the boat, I only have around 40 hours on it, which makes me sad!

Thanks for the help.