Hi all,

New to the forum so please let me know if there's a better spot for this post. Did some reading in other posts and elsewhere and I've gotten some good tips but thought I'd ask a few questions anyway.

'17 Craz with surf edition, 900lbs each rear and 700lbs front according to dealer. Dealer set timers for ballast fill so assuming they reach true capacity. Factory settings for Auto Wake (9.0 pitch, 5.0 roll for Starboard surfing, port plate/surf tab set to 70) - (8.0 pitch, -3.0 roll, 60 starboard plate/surf tab for Surf Left).

We've played with speed and wake plate settings trying to get longer wave with bigger sweet spot. We've also tried to not use Auto Wake and just fill bags to 100 surf side, 70 non surf side and anywhere from 60-100 on front bag.

This past weekend we had more passengers than ever so we tried to use both Auto Wake and manual to get good wave. We got better as day went on. Regular surfers (off port side) seemed to have the best wave. I'm goofy foot off starboard side (as is my son and wife). I did manage to drop rope and stay in sweet spot for decent amount of time, but still found wave steep and short. I was quite close to boat to really feel the pull from the wave. Obviously we are still learning to surf so there's that as a factor. But we'd like to get the boat as dialed in as possible to shorten our learning curve.

Riding Phase 5 Diamond CL boards, mine at 57", other board is 54".

GPS app and Garmin watch both verified boat is running faster than speedo shows. At 10.5 on boat I was seeing upwards of 12 on two diff apps and Garmin watch. Changed paddle wheel offset from .5 to 0. Didn't seem to affect speedo much. Have tried surfing from 9.5 on speedo, up to 10.7. We live at 1320 feet elevation. Boat was water tested by dealer who is at 3425 feet elevation, not sure if that plays a difference.

We don't have center ballast and not sure if it's possible to upgrade and add one on the '17 Craz.

Is there a minimum preferred depth of water to get best pull?

Thoughts, tips or tricks from others with the Craz?