Bought a used 2001 Outback LS, and one side of it had some scratches down the side. Using some rubbing compound and lots of polish/wax, I removed 90% of the scratch. However, the scratch goes right through the block MOOMBA sticker on the side (with the little swish through it).

Local dealer quoted me $60 per side for replacement stickers, with $500 labor. I think this should be easy to do myself, but have a couple of questions if anyone has done it.

First, has anyone replaced the block MOOMBA stickers with the oval? I can see how you only get one chance to put the sticker on, and with a big sticker it could be tricky. The block sticker would be easy because they are 6 different stickers, and I could take one off, put one on to keep them very straight. On the other hand, the oval looks much more updated, and would essentially make my 2001 look cosmetically like a 2003-2005.

Second, has anyone added the white oval to a boat that has the beige/sand color base gelcoat - wondering what it looks like.

Third, has anyone had problems when removing the old sticker that the gelcoat has faded so you can still see where the stickers were? The dealer warned me of this and recommended I replace the stickers with the same ones to avoid this problem. However, the boat was always stored inside and with the exception of the scratch I'm trying to replace, the gelcoat is in good shape - so I suspect this won't be a problem.

Any tips with the removal/replacement process would be appreciated. Thanks and enjoy the last few weekends on the lake.