AWS ordered the swim platform and sun deck cushions for my boat on August 24 with a confirmation and time table recieved by AWS on August 26 saying that the swim platform was 3 weeks out and the cushions 4 weeks out. The swim platform is at least 2+ weeks behind schedule. I recieved an email from AWS on Sept. 29 saying that the wrong swim platform was built for whatever reason (they made one that accepts the rub rail instead of the grab rail, which I am indifferent about). I am assuming that AWS has it now, waiting on a reply from them to see if they do or not.

The sun deck cushions are a different story though. Recieved an email from AWS saying they talked to SC Friday Oct 8 about the cushions and they "should" be done the next of this week, I assume meaning by Oct 15. Supposably the seat foam SC uses was on back order from the factory. Which I understand things happen. But dang, if they do get them done this week that makes them 3 weeks behind schedule. If they dont it will be 4 weeks.

Has anyone else had issues getting Skier's Choice specific parts from them? Or is this just a fluke that is happening?

I understand they are building new boats currently but this is getting annoying. I just want my boat back!