Ok, so I'm a bit proud of my son here, but....

My son decided he wanted to give wakeboarding a shot. He's never done it, and only got up on training skis for the first time last week. He's 7 years old and was a little weary of giving it a go, but he paid close attention on some basic instruction, and on his 3rd pull, he was up and riding. (If only it were that easy for so many adults that try it for the first time!)

Being the eager learner he is, he wanted to go out over the wakes, which scared him at first but after doing it once and understanding a little about toeside and heelside edging (and two pretty good faceplants), he decided he was ready to jump by his 5th or 6th pull. Here is a video of one of those pulls where he decides to give it a go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_JXYQnnnX8

Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of him and wondered how many other parents out there have gotten their kids out boarding or skiing? I believe my son is for sure hooked now and can't wait to go again.

How fast and at what length do you pull the kids? I was pulling him around 16-18mph and at 60' with no ballast of course for now.