Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
Where in MI are you? We ride on Long Lake in Cloverdale. If you are near you can try an IS Blue and IS Sweet Spot. The Blue is a great, easy cruising board that lets you carve a bit. It's actually maybe a little to big for me (5'8" 165) but it is still fun. Just got the Sweet Spot last weekend, very fast board. I think it is 4'9" but very wide. Still getting used to it. A friend who is 6'0" 210 can ride it no problem. Also tried a Grindwater Slaysh, did not like it all, very slow board, really need to work it to stay in pocket...big guys would find it almost impossible to ride. Ride a Ronix Koall 5'6" sometimes, nice board, again too big for me...great for big guys. Also rode a Hyperlite Swell, 4'3" I think...very slippery, I don't like that much but owner likes it. He is about my size but bigger guy can ride it also, fast board.

As far as durability, IS are great. The Ronix is made like a true surfboard and it show wear quite easily.
Thanks for the offer... but im on the other side of the state, Waterford area. Thanks for all the tips though... hoping to buy something this weekend!