Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default 2003 outback LS rudder very tight

    Hello all,
    I have an 03 outback. I changed the rudder cable about 7 years ago.
    I find that the steering is very very hard to turn. This season I greased the rudder and it loosened up a bit. The boat has been in the water for a couple months. We haven't used it for 3 weeks and today it was very very hard to turn the wheel (even hard with 2 hands)

    Can I get some guidance on this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    I think you are in need of replacing the steering cable again. When it gets tight are hard to turn the wheel it's time. If the boat has water in the hull for long peroids of time it will eventually cause the erosion or build up of stuff on the cable. You could disconect the cable and check to see if the rudder turns freely. If it does then replace the cable.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •