Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cold outside but dont want to winterize

So this weekend i am planning to go wakeboarding both days but the over night lows are dropping into the low 30's saturday and sunday night. the boat is in a building but it is not heated and lots of air can get in. Is there anything i can do that would be a easy or long pull apart and out together so i can still go wakeboarding this weekend or do i need to do a full winterzation and be done for the year? I also have a heater. It is only 2 days that are getting that cold. Any help would be great.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I've heard of putting a low wattage light bulb in the engine compartment- anyone ever done this? I'd be a little worried that a spark could lead to blammo! I've also been told that if the temp drops briefly into the low 30s or high 20s you'll be ok which makes sense as the engine is probably a pretty big heat sink. Would love to hear from an experienced boater on this one.

seems strange that I'm alternating between the moomba forum and the wood burning stove forum (I have a used lopi freedom bay one the way- oops wrong forum!)
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I have also heard about the light in the boat but the issue is that i do not have power where the boat is at. I called my dealer today and they said that getting into the 30's just over night should not cause an issue with the engine. I should blow out the heater since that takes a lot less to crack then the engine block. If anyone has any more advice i would love to hear it.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Where are you planning to ride this weekend? I am trying to get one last run in as well.

Can you go get the boat, pull it back to your house, then put an electric heater in it??
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

jester, put a bottle of water outside and see if it freezes, most like it is not going to get cold enough for a continuous freeze. you should be fine.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I will be out both Saturday and Sunday. I have a boat crew that is excited to go out. I really cannot tow back to my place since I live in a townhouse. Saturday night it is going to be 33* out so it makes me a little worryed.

not to worry it has to be blow freezing for most of a 24 hour period.

Go A Rod........
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Put a wireless thermometer in the engine compartment and and wake up all night looking at the temperature. This time of year a night around 27-28 degrees would be fine.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I will be out both Saturday and Sunday. I have a boat crew that is excited to go out. I really cannot tow back to my place since I live in a townhouse. Saturday night it is going to be 33* out so it makes me a little worryed.
    Jester,

If they are calling for a low of 33 you should be fine. It would have to be below freezing for several hours before you need to worry about it.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV