Hybrid View

if you are deadset against a second battery, get a good quality deep cycle, but if you are planning on parking a lot, the second battery is almost a must. my guess is that after installing 2 good quality amps that will draw a lot of current, you will be using that jumpstart. personally, the security of a second battery is worth it. getting a tow/jump sucks..

caps store energy and release it as the amps require it. your bass amp is usually the one that will draw the most current(hence the pulsing headlights in a high-wattage auto system). using deep cycle takes away some of the need, and since boats usually don't have all the other draws that a car does, caps usually are not needed.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Ok, you guys have convinced me to add a second batt.

Razz, I'll take u up on your offer on what I'll need and how to do it. I want to add an ACR as well.

Thx.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I'll get you a list together along with pics.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks razz, much appreciated. As u can tell, I haven't done a lot of stereo installs in the past
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

best way to learn...
    take your time, follow the installation directions, double check every connection prior to buttoning up the install, and did I mention take your time??

installing stereo gear is easy once you have done it once. the only thing that gets tricky are custom boxes, but the basic amps/speakers are piece of cake..

you will have much satisfaction next summer as you crank the tunes on the lake and the smile from the satisfaction of a job well done

be sure and take pics and let us know of your progress....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Cab, you just upped the ante on the stereo, we are not going to be twins anymore. I saw the amp and thought long and hard on it but the OBV does not have alot of room in the passenger stoarge for two big amps. keep us posted.

JV
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

jv

I had no intention of upgrading my system but I ran across that great deal on the JL and then saw the great deal on the Kicker. Plus the seller is local.

I think I have plenty of room against the side of the hull, forward of the fresh air vent bulkhead which is an unused area. The bad thing is that I will now have to add a second batt which will take up some storage space.

Looks like I've got a nice winter project to look forward to

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I'll get you a list together along with pics.
    Razzman,
    If it's not too much bother I'd like to get your list and directions as well?

I've been to your profile and looked at all your pics. I've decided I like the BlueSea setup and going to be adding a second batter this winter as well during my stereo upgrade. I have a Outback DD so in same boat (pardon the pun) as Cab with not alot of room.
    I'm comfortable with all the stereo install but the dual battery thing is new to me!
    I get lost in the ACR, isolator, switch........ect. All I know is I want to separate the power to stereo, amps, & accessories from the cranking battery, have all the essentials be able to run in an emergency (like the bilge and starter if first batt runs dead due to too much tunes and beverages, & have them both charge while running. Also, any little shortcuts or additions such as power inverter wired up or trickle charger to make life easier I'm open to that as well.

Thanks again for all your expertise.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet