For those of you who live/slip on a lake without a gas station - how do you fill up? Do you pull the boat out of the water for a fill or do you bring gas down to the lake? If you bring it to the lake, what method have you found easiest? I'm looking into a 25 gallon "gas buddy" that has wheels. This would eliminate carrying 20 gallons at a time up and down the hill to my slip.

Funny - I saw a Gas Buddy on Craigslist for sale but he has mounted a receiver hitch to it so you could put it on the back of your truck and drive it down to the lake. Great idea - but I can't imagine that isn't a huge fire/accident hazard. Can you imagine if you got rear ended with 25 gallons of gas stuck to your hitch? Yikes!

What do you guys do? Any good solution I'm not thinking of besides a gas buddy? If you have a 20-30 gallon tank - how do you fill up with just one guy? Gas weighs about 9 pounds per gallon so that thing is heavy when you fill it up. How do you get it out of the truck if you don't have a buddy?

Thanks!