Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ok, only wife, me and kids, begginer in wakesurf....

Just have the boat for 3 weeks. The dealer replace the GIII rear balast with bigger one (750? Flyhigh fatsac take all the space). With center full and rear left, the wave seem big enough, clean, but the pocket seem really short even with the wakeplate down.

I'll try to put some weight foward. Thanks
    2008 Outback V black

Sled491 Guest

I din't see the pic. But reading your post what about playing around some more with the wakeplate? Lowering the wakeplate raises the back of the boat and raising the plate will drop the back end in some more.

Talking

Well, by George we've got it . Here is a video of my 13 year old son. 600lb in starboard 400lb in locker, mom driving, me 180lb in rear seat and two other (50lb each) kids in misc. spots. Wakeplate at 1/2 at 9.5 mph. I was also able to free ride. We are now enamored with wakesurfing.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=SDC13148.flv
    Last edited by McMoomba; 06-24-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

Very nice.

mc moomba we have a 750 in the port v drive box and a 400 under the port seats also usually have 2 people in the boat sitting toward the rear also port side seats

we dont fill the center bag it seems the more weight in the rear corner you surf the better. for our boats get the boat to stand on its tail. Also we ride 11mph wake plate 3/4 up

I think your wake could beef up a bit not nocking you but im 6'3 and the wake is over my waist height on our obv 07

I know my boats surf ready when the rub rail is sitting about 1 inch under the water on the surfside corner
    2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by lsgagnon View Post
    Ok, only wife, me and kids, begginer in wakesurf....

Just have the boat for 3 weeks. The dealer replace the GIII rear balast with bigger one (750? Flyhigh fatsac take all the space). With center full and rear left, the wave seem big enough, clean, but the pocket seem really short even with the wakeplate down.

I'll try to put some weight foward. Thanks
    try more speed 11mph
    2007 Outback V

ed - on my 07 outback ive found we need to put alot of weight in the surf corner to get a monster wake 4-5 feet tall

ed your v is alot deeper than ours are

When the surfer stops/falls the a person or 2 move to the non surf side to even the boat out I know its agressive, but where I surf there are rarley any other boats

the more people the less ballasts needed

If I get a chance next time im out I will get a sacked out pic... It will make you pee yourself but it works great
    2007 Outback V

c.rix, looking foward to your pics
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by c.rix View Post
    ed - on my 07 outback ive found we need to put alot of weight in the surf corner to get a monster wake 4-5 feet tall

ed your v is alot deeper than ours are

When the surfer stops/falls the a person or 2 move to the non surf side to even the boat out I know its agressive, but where I surf there are rarley any other boats

the more people the less ballasts needed

If I get a chance next time im out I will get a sacked out pic... It will make you pee yourself but it works great
    This I have to see too....

Default wake

Heres a picture of the wake from my supra 22ssv. This is with the rear port corner 750 sac filled and a couple people in the boat. I am having trouble moving the wake back further from the boat. I tried filling the front sac and playing with the wakeplate but could never get it right. The best I have been able to do is with the port corner filled. The wake is huge but I would like it to be further from the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images