Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I agree Todd, i mistyped my explanation there a little. What i meant to say was i power the boat up slowly while one of the crew is cranking the boat up the trailer. I power it slowly to east the cranking process. I don't like using the engine to lock the boat on the roller.

First few times out i powered it all the way up because thats what i thought i had to do. The guys i water tested with did this. Then i had an almost accident when the ramp angle, water depth made it difficult to trailer and i was afraid the nose would hit the roller, so thats when i started cranking it by hand the last few feet.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Same thing here.....First year we had the boat, maybe 2nd or 3rd time out....put the trailer way to deep, powered onto the trailer and bam...a nice chunk out of my gelcoat right above the rubrail

Now I put the trailer in much less, and baby the boat onto the trailer. Nice and slow with lots of winch assistance. I don't care of the others on the ramp get annoyed...it's my $...

Even with all this caution, I still get white marks on my rub rails from time to time from the guide poles. Magic erasers take it off with a little elbow grease.
    04 XLV

Sled491 Guest

Man that sucks, but if your selling her try a simple repair as was suggested earlier and maybe a little spray paint.