Hybrid View

Default Thanks

I'm hoping for no ice, we have done it before in March(younger years, and had to break the ice at the dock to get to open water) I have a Jetpilot 5/4/3 that could probably work in 40 or so degree water, maybe we'll get lucky this year. My Tige buddy down the street just added ballast a couple of weeks ago in his Z1, so I think we will be pushing the envelope this year to try out the new gear. If it get's to unbearable, maybe we will have to take a roadtrip south.

Yeah I know it's a Supra, but I hope I can hang out since it's in the family! Didn't think I would ever get one, and would have been entirely happy with an LSV. But for the same money, well.....

The other board is quite dead, and amazingly the boats are quite similar, so I consider it my big black Moomba, named Supra.........

Now to figure out how to do the retractable pylon similar to what has been talked about on here, just my luck the 21V is the only Supra without it, and they even fixed that for 09.

The Polk MMc650 seem to be gone everywhere I see them, except ebay and the ones he has are refurbs, not sure I would want to do that when new DB651's can be had at the same price.

Beautiful boat. Can't believe how good all black looks.

How do you negotiate a buy from a several days' drive away? Do you just work it all out ahead of time contingent on a final look?

I saw it on boattrader called, talked to them, and left a deposit, and just happened to need to be there on business. So I flew out, and during the trip took some time to visit and really check it out. finalized the deal a couple of weeks later when I had to be back out there for work again, this time I drove. It was new, only 1 hour, so not really necessary I guess, but it just happened to work out so I could see it ahead of time.

Very nice!

completely understand if it was new. Sorry I didn't recognize it as new - not up on the Supras. Very nice looking boat.

You definitely should stop apologizing for buying a supra! Like you said, all in the family and what a nice boat. You bought the Lexus instead of the Toyota.

Sled491 Guest

That is one nice looking boat. Please stick around and post a little, we need some fresh ideas and stories around here every once and a while.

BTW, three words for you "BABES BOAT PRODUCTS", with the black your gonna love em