Alright, just stirring the coals here, but "Skiers" Choice? C'mon. There's been much speculation about the 2009 Outback V (which is produced and shipped, but at time of writing, Moomba has no information whatsoever on their web site, certain dealers seem to be completely in the dark, and this forum is going crazy trying to become informed). Then tonight, the inbox has the Fall 2008 e.bulletin, and behold the claims of the Outback V:

"...new running surface that kicks up a considerably larger wake than the 2008 model... deeper...and heavier (clean, crisp wakes)".

Anybody who opted for the lounge seating format (i.e. V-Drive), but hoped for the cross-over capabilities that would enable satisfactory slalom...well, early to say, but...be skeptical. The prev OBV, at 3000 lbs was the lightest V-Drive on the market (I think), hence that might construe that it has one of the better slalom wakes for a V. No more. With the attributes above...well, a DD-owner friend skied behind the small Tige V (20V) which is a whopping 3500 lbs, and said the wake size ("TAPS" plate down) freaked him out. 2009 owners: Prepare for launch.

So, is it Surfers Choice? No, Centurion might have that locked up with the "Surf" Edition. Wakeboarders Choice? That might be it.

Could it be that the ballasted LS DD is the only cross-over boat (as other recent posts suggest)? I'm actively watching for that near-perfect cross-over. I'd likely trade up if one offered both better ski & better surf/board. Some manufacturer should be able to figure it out. But would appear the Outback V has crossed over into one camp.

(Hey, maybe the pre-'09's V's are a cross-over collectors item. Offers?).