Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yea, mine is too. kinda negates the dual switch in my mind, but maybe I don't really understand it's real useage. I would think that I could switch it to 1 or 2 when parked on the lake and listening to tunes, and if that battery goes dead, I could still switch to the other and start the boat. mine is the same in that the boat won't start if you move the switch, but everything else works, even in the off position, and it was wired by skiers choice, not an aftermarket...

The 2 batteries are wired to the switch and from there back to the motor. The selector on the switch should only effect which battery or both are used to start the motor and are charged while the motor is running. The rest of the accessory panel is wired directly to one of the batteries. If you want to totally disconnect the power, turn the switch to off and then press the button on the breaker which should be located on the side of the storage compartment just next to the batteries.

Lowdrag has it right. The switch is used for charging and starting Typically battery one is your main battery to start your boat, battery two is used for your accessories. Some of the better switches monitor the battery drain to ensure you always have enough to crank the motor. Again to truly cutoff power from the battery the switch needs to be in the off position and the breaker needs to be tripped. Just remember if you do need to pull the batteries out, label all the wires as it can get confusing hooking them back up. Especially if you have a long winter.
    07 Mobius LS
    Drew

For my 2008 LS, the recommended position is #1. This makes the sensed battery #1 (engine starting battery) which will ensure this battery if fully charged. Battery 2 will not be charged until battery 1 is ully charged. battery 2 is for the accessories.
    If you use postion #2 the opposite would be true and the starting battery possibly could not get recharged if there is a high drain on battery 2.

Sounds like you've got a voltage sensitive relay on your '08. Who makes the ones that they're using on the new boats? I may upgrade from my switch to one of these so I don't have to worry about it.

So i was looking over my owners book and noticed the dual battery setup. Please look on the 08 book page 57. This shows you how it is hooked up and why the dash power is not turned off with the off switch.

My boat is 500 miles away so I can't get a look at who makes the switch. Maybe you can contact skiers choice.