Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The next time a Malibu owner disses you Zeg, tell them this story.

I'm a show director and boat driver for our local ski team. I use my Outback to pull the show. We had a new guy join us last week...........he owns a big Malibu. We auditioned him in practice behind my Outback. This guy rocks on a wakeboard........I mean he is totally amazing! I filled the ballast and set the wakeplate and took him for a couple passes. Afterwards he was quizzing me about my boat...........how much ballast, how many hp, what kind of wakeplate. He told me that the wake from my Outback was a bit smaller but has a harder edge and curl and gave him more lift than the wake from his bigger, much more expensive Malibu.

During one of our shows one of our other tow boats (2008 Nautique 206) was pulling a 9 person pyramid team. Two skiers had to drop before he could get them up. I pulled that same team that morning in practice and had no problems at all pulling them out. I had 4 members of the team tell me later that my boat should be pulling the pyramids because it has noticably more power. The only way the Nautique can get them up it to "hot rope" (leave slack in the line) them.

I just hit 50 hours for the summer ........barefooting, jumping, skiing........you name it. Not a single issue! Don't let these Aholes that paid too much make you think your driving an inferior boat...........it just ain't true!!
    2008 Outback
    325 EFI
    Gravity 1 Ballast and Multi Sport Wake Plate
    Rad-a-cage
    OJ 4 Blade 13x13 Prop
    5 Seasons pulling the Ski Team and still going strong!

I knew I could count on you all !! Thanks for the vent (really) Most out here are great people and we do get alot of attention with our LSV. It was just the venue that caught me wrong.........Stay KOOL all
    David
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

Mastermind,

It was David that had the issue not me. I still stick my nose up to Malibus, remember to me they were the cheap boats!

We love our Moomba! We love our monthly payment!! We love the smiles on the kids faces!!!! We be happy!

Like my mother use to say, those people have more cents than sense (while tapping her finger on her temple). Enjoy the Moomba. Feel inferior to nothing!
    I thought our last boat was our "last boat". Who am I kidding?

I went to the MC forum last week just to see what was going on (they have an excellent bikini photo thread). I decided to do a search for "moomba" just to see what would come up. I couldn't believe the haters. There was a thread where someone was trying to decide between a M and a MC. After a few posts, someone thought M was for Moomba (not Malibu), and I could almost hear people puking on their keyboards for the very thought of deciding between a Mastercraft and a Moomba. I tested an X1, and I almost bought it, but I'm glad I didn't. I mean, let's be honest, the brand name and all the little extras are cool, but they're not worth the extra $$$.

Met a guy with an X2 who was bragging about how his boat had the best wake on the lake and it was way better then my 08 XLV with 2k stock ballast. It was funnny because the lake was so rough that day that you couldn't even board or see a wake through the whitecaps. I guess he bragged all day about how great the MC was and near the end told some of the other guys he's gonna try wakeboarding soon. He has a $70k wake boat and can't wakeboard? Wow. Nothing to do with ego there.

I've encountered all the stypes of people. To be totally honest, I like the malibus and the mc's too. But I wouldn't buy anything else new other then my XLV, pure value. All of the room is just so good. We had 12 on it this past weekend and no one was in the bow. All for the same price as an entry level 20 footer X1 or Vride.

In the end, who ever has the most fun and spends the most time boating wins. So I guess I win.

I have a malibu guy doen the lake , pretty nice and just waves as we pass buy, never had an issue mostly his kids our on it boarding.

I have had many people come up to me and say our moomba OBV 07 is one of the hottest boats on the lake (although there is a pimped out red spiderman Supra 21v about 2 miles down.), ours is nothing fancy, everyone loves it. My friends that have a tige love our moomba. regardless of boats, people are people and you can't change their ego. Something must be missing in there life to put someone else down over the difference in tourney boats, guy must have a small PP, then
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Guys,

I almost hate to say this, but I was looking down at a guy with his new Mastercraft X-14. My family and I had pulled up to the dock on the ski course to take a break. He pulled up in his Mastercraft, beautiful boat. I introduced myself, and he asked me about the wake on my Supra 21V. I told him it was good sized and soft. I asked him about his wake, and he said he mainly slalom skiid and hadn't even filled the ballast tanks. He pulled away from the dock, and I looked at my wife and told her that that boat is just like our old Mobius LS. HE could have bought a Moomba and put about 20k in his pocket.

Dave

I agree with everybody in regards to the ego trip thing. I just came back from a week trip in Northern Calif. It was awesome. I did see lots of Malibu's and MasterCraft boats. No they did not wave back. That's alright. I feel good about my purchas and love my boat. The best thing was, my sons was surfing and a Malibu passed me with all eyes watching. I had a big wave in the back of the boat. When we were pulling the boat out of the water, one of those boat owners came over. We were talking about the wave behind the boat. I opened my right rear compartment. He was floored that I only had a 750lb sac in the boat. He didn't realized that the boat was full if people. He walked away scratching his head. Yes they think they have the best boat on the water. But think of it this way, "You don't always get the bang for your buck." I am proud to have my LSV. I am also proud to show it off.
    I have two friends that have a Malibu and a Ski Centurian. They love their boats. They also like and are not embarrased to ride in a Moomba or Supra Boat. You go SC. Keep the affordable and beautiful boats coming.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Smile

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experiece with a Malibu owner much less any boat owner for that matter.I was taught to appreciate all boats as they are a special toy to be able to use and or own.,I'm on holidays right now on a small lake in Idaho and seem to be sharing the lake with only about 6/8 boats that seen to be using the lake. There are 2 MC's 2 Malibu's My MOOMBA and acouple others and we all seem to have a somewhat respectfull system for sharing the lake and calm water when it shows up. Everybody is either skiing or tubeing with little wakeboarding which is odd. NO WAKESURFS at all Go figure.I was kinda hopeing to try it out if someone around was doing it as we are not set up for it YET.Anyway just thought id say thanks to all the rest of them although they will probably never read this .