Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default unhappy, mad and dissapointed

The story starts when I took my boat into the selling dealer for the 25 hour checkup, oil and filter change.

My wife picked the boat up and brought it home, when I got in from work I opened the cover up to start putting stuff back in the boat and to my surprise found a scratch just above the gunwale and the cover snaps. About 6 inches long and in a Z formation. I can post pictures.....

I immediately called the dealer and took pictures, the GM tried to deny it (typical) but I argued the point a few days later he called back and agreed to pay for the repair. I asked if I could finish the season and get it repaired over the winter. He agreed.

Now to the present day. I live 4 hours from the dealership, when I bought the boat he was the closest moomba dealer. I called to see how we were going to handle this and the GM agreed to pay for the repair at a local fiberglass shop or I could bring it down there and he would pay for my gas. Interesting turn around.

I searched around and talked to the local inboard shops and they all recommended the same repair shop. I took the boat to the fiberglass shop he estimated $400.00 to make the repair. I called the dealer from the fiberglass shop and the GM had quit, the new GM had no knowledge of the issue. Luckily I had the old GMs cell number and called him, he also recanted on his story and tried to tell me it was a dock scratch he told the new GM he never agreed to pay for the repair.

On Friday I talked to the new GM again, he had showed the pictures to his local guy and claimed they could get the repair done at their local shop for 250.00 and that my guy was taking me for a ride. (I live in a major city he is in a small town, need to factor that to be fair I guess)

On Friday the new GM agreed to pay 250.00 to my guy or pay for my gas to and from his shop and cover the repair with his guy. Then today he retracted everything and came up with the dock scratch story again. I went livid and decided I would just have to fund they whole damn thing myself. I cooled off and argured some more he finally agreed to pay me 250.00 but I am very dissapointed with the whole situation. This whole ordeal has really soured me on the moomba experience.

I needed to vent and hope SkiersChoice see this beacause I will never have anything good to say about this dealer.

If I am off base here please set me straight.
    It is better barefoot!

I think the end result was favorable for you and the new GM was gracious in paying you when nobody supported your discussion with the old GM. The process you went through would be what 90% of the people would have to endure until you get him enough information to support what happened with the old GM plus the new GM didn't know you so he had to check your integrity. I wouldn't give up on the new guy unless you've exchanged some words. It was your word against nobody and you were convincing enough that he accepted it though maybe relunctantly.

from your story it sounds like poor customer service to me. the GM should have dealt with the tech that serviced the boat to get to the truth about what happened. scratches happen, if the tech did it, he should admit it, the dealer pays to fix it, end of story. jerking you around like that is just plain poor customer service and I'll bet SkiersChoice will be looking into it. From what i've read on this site they really take service seriously because really, happy customers make you alot more money than pissed off customers! sorry to hear about your ordeal, must have been heartbreaking to see a scratch on your baby.
    if there's daylight, I'd better be boardin'!!

If you're in Murfreesboro, there is a new dealer in Hendersonville across the street from the Rivergate Mall up there. I think it's called Xtreme Marine. I have only used them for some very minor things, but they are very nice and seem to be trying hard to earn some business. I wouldn't hesitate to try them. They mentioned they move to Franklin soon if they can find a spot, but either way it's probably about the same for you. I'd give them a call from now on rather than hauling it all the way to Atlanta or wherever else you might have bought it. Also, I would assume that anyone that services Indmar engines, or really any inboard, should be able to take care of everything you need locally, unless it's some warranty issue.

bamaspiveys

Hey man sorry about what happened. I've been a Moomba owner myself for 3 years and I'm glad you posted what you did. Of course we've all got our proud pics & posts of our rides etc.., but I like to hear the good, bad, & the ugly. I think it's the way we look out for each other in the Moomba community. I don't live near you at all, but I would sure want to know if my local dealer were that way towards someone. I know you're bummed, but don't let this ruin your whole Moomba experience. There's always those few bad ones that try to ruin the whole bunch. Yeah if the idiot tech would have been a man and fessed up when it happend it would've avoided the whole issue. I'm definately givin my boat a good look over before I leave the lot next time I pick it up from being serviced.

Yep, a walk around with the service rep would go a long way
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

This is one of those situations where you find out what a dealer is all about. Here is a guy with a $30000.00 + boat and he is asking for help with a 400.00 repair to fix something that happened at the dealership.

All I can say is the old addage really applies here: Make a customer happy and he will tell his friends. Piss him off and he will tell EVERYBODY.

I know Moomba doesn't do business this way.

By the way, I agree with Butta...........a walk around is always a good idea prior to leaving the shop.
    2008 Outback
    325 EFI
    Gravity 1 Ballast and Multi Sport Wake Plate
    Rad-a-cage
    OJ 4 Blade 13x13 Prop
    5 Seasons pulling the Ski Team and still going strong!

[b]I understand your anger, here is my on the other hand story. Our 06 LSV got a dock scratch when I got off the boat at the dock to go get our tow rig. I took it in to Surfside Marine for the 25 hour service and check up and showed Service Manager the scratch to have them fix while there. Well needless to say after a month no boat yet and it's starting to get hot out here in sunny Arizona.So I call dealer and find out the old service mgr. got fired and left paper work in shambles,long story short they apologized and fixed gelcoat for free and pretty much washed the service off to!!!!! That day at the lake was a bad day from get go as my wife panicked at the dock and got in bad spot and I had to grab bow to keep from going aground big swells pick up boat slams on top of me traps me between boat and trailer as 7 people within short distance do nothing to help out. Thank goodness for my time in Navy Deep Sea dive program to help me maintain composure and survive the whole episode. Get this it all happened on our 26 th wedding anniversary. Talk about a dead quiet dinner that night at our favorite sea food restaurant.
    Philip S. Martell
    Surfer Dude

Hey your new guy did the right thing for the dealership and the big picture. In my case the old guy and the new guy tried to weasle out of commitments and the tech did not step up to the plate either.
    It is better barefoot!

If I were you, I would notify SC about the problem. I am sure they won't be happy with that type of customer service. First, this company is representing a good product. Second, they %@!% up your boat and should take responsibility. I know, when I had a problem with my boat, I took it to my dealer (1 1/2 hrs) away, and they took care of the problem with no questions asked. That is the type of customer service that SC wants to see. I understand your dissapointment in Moomba. It is not the companies fault. It was the bonehead that ran the dealership were you purchased the boat. Sorry to here about the probem. I sure would contact SC and let them know your disapointment in the dealership you were dealing with.
    Tazz