All,

I too have come across this problem. First time was in fairly choppy water, pulling a tube with three kids on it, going about 22 mph. Would only happen on right turns and when it did, I notived that the engine speed would shoot up about 200 rpms. When I pulled under the same conditions but increased speed to about 24-25, it didn't do it. On my boat, it felt as if the transmission was slipping. I don't recall any significant shuderring. It happened again this weekend, again while towing a tube and only when turning right.

I called the dealer and the first thing he asked is it happened at other times. I said no, and commented that we surfed later on with no problems. He said that it's definitely cavitation (or maybe aeration?) because if it was the tranny slipping, it would definitely have done it also when we were surfing, as that puts a lot of load on the tranny.

Someone on the board suggested filling the front bag to prevent this. I'll try that next time.

Ditto with what Joe said - the tower is designed to pull one wakeboarder. I always use the pylon when pulling the tube and have no problem whipping them back and forth across the wake.

Al