Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pewaukee, WI
    Posts
    14

    Default Prop (which) SL450?

    Curious what prop yall run? Boat I demod had a 16x17 got up loaded fine just a bit slow, also was capable of 41+mph. Wondering g if I'd be happy with the 16x15 rather than the typical 16x13.9 (sport prop), would like to keep some of the rpm/fuel/speed benefits of more prop. Anyone done that?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pewaukee, WI
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Also anyone turning a 17" thought I saw that somewhere appears to be enough clearance but haven't measured

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,974

    Default

    17" won't clear, the 16x13.9 is truly an ideal prop, Supra co-engineered it with acme specifically for the 1.76 trans.

    You will be around 36/37 mph top speed, but I don't know too many people who enjoy cruising any faster than that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    You will be around 36/37 mph top speed, but I don't know too many people who enjoy cruising any faster than that.
    my buddy that used to go with us in Boise was a crazy good slalom skier even into his 50's and needed 35-36mph to ski. his boomerang was ideal but we did have the supra and tige at that speed for him.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MustGoFast View Post
    Curious what prop yall run? Boat I demod had a 16x17 got up loaded fine just a bit slow, also was capable of 41+mph. Wondering g if I'd be happy with the 16x15 rather than the typical 16x13.9 (sport prop), would like to keep some of the rpm/fuel/speed benefits of more prop. Anyone done that?
    I run the OJ 16x15, it does really well and is a nice mix of power for wakeboarding and surfing and empty cruising. Fully loaded for surfing it spins around 3400rpm, 3/4 loaded wakeboarding, right at 4k. Empty cruising at 3900 rpms is about 28. I also have the OJ 16x14, it surfs about the same rpm but is 4400 wakeboarding and 25 cruising. You can call Eric direct at OJ, tell him I (Scott) sent you and you're on the forum, he'll take care of you.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pewaukee, WI
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I run the OJ 16x15, it does really well and is a nice mix of power for wakeboarding and surfing and empty cruising. Fully loaded for surfing it spins around 3400rpm, 3/4 loaded wakeboarding, right at 4k. Empty cruising at 3900 rpms is about 28. I also have the OJ 16x14, it surfs about the same rpm but is 4400 wakeboarding and 25 cruising. You can call Eric direct at OJ, tell him I (Scott) sent you and you're on the forum, he'll take care of you.
    How do u comp oj vs acme? Everything I've seen says acme is better more consistent lighter and etc.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MustGoFast View Post
    How do u comp oj vs acme? Everything I've seen says acme is better more consistent lighter and etc.
    grabs popcorn and starts eating

    either brand makes great props....
    oj had some struggles with skiers products 15+ years ago with "prop growl" but it's long gone. imo it's more a ford/chevy thing today.

    as knox mentioned, call OJ props and they will hook you up. if you want acme call nettle props and they will hook you up.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MustGoFast View Post
    How do u comp oj vs acme? Everything I've seen says acme is better more consistent lighter and etc.
    ACME does a better job advertising. OJ you can deal directly with the factory. I've ran the same acme and OJ prop back to back. I thought the acme was a little twitchy and the OJ a bit smoother. Eric is also great to deal with. He takes care of us.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,974

    Default

    Frankly, both prop makers are excellent options, i shop price to make my choice at end of the day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pewaukee, WI
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Ok ive had one prop (acme) for 7 years on the BU so just not up to speed on what's out there or what's changed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •