My uncle had this old, geez maybe 1968? Tom Sawyer tri-hull ever since I was a kid. I guess you could call it a classic... Learned to ski behind it, tube, kneeboard, skurfer (remember those?), you name it. Went fishing, crabbing, all of it. It was ugly as hell but hey - it was available and free! In my late teens to early 20's he decided he was done with it and asked if I would sell it for him and we'd split the proceeds. Of course I could use it as much as I wanted -which we did A LOT of- and then get rid of it when I was done.

Funny thing, it took me a good 3 years to finally sell it. During that time we ended up blowing the little 120hp mercruiser it was born with. In went I want to say it was a 168ci, 140hp long block. That tired old boat (kind of looked like a car on the water) came back to life in a big way. Since I was a poor college kid my uncle actually bought the motor and I swapped it in.

We probably would have tried to barefoot behind it but it wasn't fast enough. LOL We would pull up on the beach next to these sweet drag boats and daycruisers and get 'the look'. I always thought I wanted a drag boat but it was kinda dumb because they would literally just sit there all day and look cool. We'd be going nonstop burning a full tank of gas every outing. Loved that old tri-hull.