Thread: GPS puck.

Hybrid View

Do the GPS pucks ever go out of adjustment?

Reason I ask is when using map tracer function last year at a lake I know very well, I was grinding the same lake area I always run.

I mapped out a small area of stumps on the map and felt I was far enough away but prop ended up getting dinged on a submerged stump.

My question is, can a gps puck lose calibration and offset my map and marked hazards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Do the GPS pucks ever go out of adjustment?

Reason I ask is when using map tracer function last year at a lake I know very well, I was grinding the same lake area I always run.

I mapped out a small area of stumps on the map and felt I was far enough away but prop ended up getting dinged on a submerged stump.

My question is, can a gps puck lose calibration and offset my map and marked hazards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's possible that you just missed a submerged stump on your maps the first time. Or fluctuations in water level of a few inches, or ballast/crew/boat weight could make a difference in bumping one and not buming one. Or maybe it was a submerged floater drifting around. Though, I'm m not sure of how accurate the gps positioning of the maps software is either. 2-3 ft or what?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub