Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
I think I posted this in another thread, but not this one.

I tossed around the idea of upgrading to a SL450 mainly because I have a buddy that likes to ride full ballast wakeboarding and the SL400 struggled with full ballast until I repropped the boat (it does well now).

Anyway, my SL400 was MSRP 216K. Obviously, I did not pay that, but the dealer was offering me 140K on trade. I spec'd out a SL450 and added thruster, but no power swim step and the MSRP was around 263k. With the trade and discount I was looking at about 95k to upgrade. (take away ~10k thrusters and ~10k 450, and that's about 75k to upgrade from a 2023 to a 2024).

The dealer even mentioned when I was shopping for my boat that these boats hold value really well and you can upgrade every 2-3 years for very little difference in price. Good thing for me is we love the boat and we are the type of people to hold onto things for awhile (my truck is 2011). I hadn't planned to upgrade, but I did like some of the cool features on the 2024's.

I understand there are new standard features, power seat, new tower, new audio, but when I saw the cost to upgrade I didn't even have to spend more than two seconds on the decision. That was a hard heck no for me.
I cant imagine being told that I could upgrade for "very kittle money" and it be a 75k difference.