Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 110
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Don't forget to move your sensors up!
    How much did you raise yours?

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    That is pretty sweet that you are able to keep the newer bins with the larger bags and if it is needed storage that is huge! Are you venting them through the access hole in the bottom of the bin?
    I took your advice and I am waiting until the screen reads 100% with the red dots. Then I open/loosen the vent at the top of the bags to vent until I hear the pumps kicking back on and water spits out ( usually 30-60 seconds). Seems like they are really close to getting full without venting (maybe 90%), just need a little air out to get all the way.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers bag upgrade

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    How much did you raise yours?

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    My dealer swears this doesn't need to be done. Not sure I totally bought their explanation, but....I'm getting the bags 100% full with the sensors in the stock location.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers bag upgrade

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Prince George Canada
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    I can’t speak to where the best place to buy your lead is, as I made my own melting down old wheel balancing weights from tire stores. Wakemakers has supplied weights for a lot of the members of this forum with good results. The weight will have the biggest impact and effect on your wave placed as close to the rear corners and as far forward as possible in the rear. Think of the placement of the lead as far from the centre of your boat like making a lever longer. Yes, it will displace water the same no matter where you place it but you can take advantage of the extra weight to get you closer to your desired pitch with less dependence on your centre plate. The plate achieves the desired numbers by creating lift and, in doing so, this lift lowers the boats overall displacement, losing a bit of amplitude in the wave. About 9 degrees of pitch seems to be the magic number for most modern era Moomba. With the lead place correctly to achieve this, you can save the centre plate to dial the wave down for smaller kids or for those who prefer a mellower wave. The benefits of the extra Fatsacs would be that you don’t have to carry the extra weight of lead when you trailer and the downside is you will have to give up some of your storage and you can’t be quite as exacting with where the weight is in your boat. I don’t think you will be able to just add weight at the back of your boat without adding some to the bow as well and still be happy with the results.

    Congratulations on the new ride by the way!
    Sorry, meant to say “and as far forward possible in the bow”.

    The Wakemakers upgraded bags are awesome (I installed them in my boat this winter) but just adding weight to the rear will improve your wave but reach you boats potential you should be adding lead in the bow to bring the pitch back down. Without some weight up front, you will have too much pitch and will have to add centre plate to bring the bow down. I don’t have Autowake so I not sure on this but it might even empty your rear bags a bit to achieve the desired pitch if now weight is added up front. If anyone has a Makai and has just added the bags and no bow weight sees this please comment on your experience.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Will see what happens there. The Makai is a bit longer, so bow rise may not be quite as much.

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    How much did you raise yours?

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    As high as I could get them so they are above the level of the new bags.


    Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    My dealer swears this doesn't need to be done. Not sure I totally bought their explanation, but....I'm getting the bags 100% full with the sensors in the stock location.
    They might have made the tubes on the sensors longer when they did the shallower bins so they might be higher. Do you think your new bags fill higher than the height of the sensor? Is the dot turning red before the bags are full?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    993

    Default Moomba Makai Owners- Adding Weight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    Sorry, meant to say “and as far forward possible in the bow”.

    The Wakemakers upgraded bags are awesome (I installed them in my boat this winter) but just adding weight to the rear will improve your wave but reach you boats potential you should be adding lead in the bow to bring the pitch back down. Without some weight up front, you will have too much pitch and will have to add centre plate to bring the bow down. I don’t have Autowake so I not sure on this but it might even empty your rear bags a bit to achieve the desired pitch if now weight is added up front. If anyone has a Makai and has just added the bags and no bow weight sees this please comment on your experience.
    It is actually the opposite which is crazy to think I know. But in the factory set up using Autowake the Makai will actually keep the rears full and dump the bow ballast (a lot of times up to 50% IIRC. It has been a few years since I had the stock setup so might be a little less but it is a significant amount). That being said in my Makai with the wakemakers upgraded bags in the rear and a light crew (3 people with total weight of 650) i have 1k in lead and 900 of it is in the main cabin under the port and starboard seats right in front of my rear bags. I do have the other 100 in the very front of the bow and really just didn’t move it bc I was lazy when setting up and would have moved it if needed. With that setup my boat will ride at 9deg of pitch with all blast at 100%. To find this setup I recently used Ragboy’s procedure to rearrange my lead and that is the set up that it yielded and the wave is amazing even with a light crew.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 06-07-2022 at 12:28 AM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    As high as I could get them so they are above the level of the new bags.



    They might have made the tubes on the sensors longer when they did the shallower bins so they might be higher. Do you think your new bags fill higher than the height of the sensor? Is the dot turning red before the bags are full?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I think they fill up about to where the sensor is (roughly just looking at it). And yes, it does turn red , but then I let air out, screen still shows 100% but the pumps start running again until water spits out the vent.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers bag upgrade

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    I think they fill up about to where the sensor is (roughly just looking at it). And yes, it does turn red , but then I let air out, screen still shows 100% but the pumps start running again until water spits out the vent.
    They might have placed it higher when they did the shallower bins and if so kudos to SC for being forward thinking and making it so that the mod is truly plug and play!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    They might have placed it higher when they did the shallower bins and if so kudos to SC for being forward thinking and making it so that the mod is truly plug and play!
    Sorta looks like it!
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers bag upgrade

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •