Threaded View

Default New Software Issues and Performance - 2022 Mojo

So, we’re finally getting some hours on the new Mojo and we were able to play some more with ballast and surf settings. I have to say, coming from a 2013 Mojo, I’m a little disappointed. Now, I know it takes some time to dial things in… I had the last boat since new and it took a little tinkering. I also understand this means adding more ballast or lead to get things right.

I love tech and have an engineering/product development background. Part of the reason for moving to a newer boat was to take advantage of all the cool gadgets intended to make life easier. Inclinometers, draft sensors, ballast sensors, automatic surf and yaw tabs, etc. Honestly, my experience thus far has been less than wonderful. Especially when these boats cost as much as a mortgage!

So far, after experiencing some heavy listing last year in the first hour or so of running the boat (explained on another thread), we made the trip to our dealer this Spring (2 hrs each way) simply for a software update. The boat wasn’t taken off of the trailer during this visit so things were certainly not calibrated which doesn’t help matters any. I have calibrated the inclinometer. We’ve not experienced that specific listing issue since but there are some anomalies with the software and user interface, and a lot of nuisance error messages.

Here are a few things we’ve noticed so far related to the most recent software:

-Amplitude potential vs actual… 86% but you can see how low the gauge indicators are (this is with stock ballast full, an 850 sack on the floor and 4 people in the boat). Those indicators don’t match the percentage. I’ve not calibrated the draft sensors yet, not sure if that will help or not.

-There are a lot of ballast leak detection errors and there are no leaks. Also the occasional errors around amplitude unavailable or move weight here or there. All of these things are intended to be helpful but they take up the whole screen and it’s frustrating when they aren’t real or actionable.
    -When using the "Go Home" preset the screen shows "Autowake Inactive" which I believe drains ballast, levels the boat using the surf tabs and commands 25 mph cruising speed. With the tabs deployed trying to level the boat, isn't Autowake Active? In fact the presets only work when AutoWake is engaged. *Notice here that ballast gauge indicators here seem inline with a lower displacement.

-I noticed that if I was just slowing moving along with the speed control at 5mph for instance, and the throttle was pushed beyond where it needed to be and you activated one of the Autowake functions or Go Home the boat would speed from that 5mph to something much faster (25mph for go home). This could be an unintended action, I'm not sure how this could be mitigated but could present a risk. On my 13, if I had the sped set at 22 and then decided I wanted to turn off the sped control and go faster… I had to reduce the throttle below and go below the set speed before I could accelerate.

I know that SC, my dealer and the community here will all help remedy my concerns (or tell me if I’m doing something wrong). I’m simply making this post to share my experience as I assume others are experiencing the same. Overall, we love the boat… just have some things to work out yet. I’m sure we’ll get the weight and settings to a point that produce far better waves and wakes than my 2013 as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uniwarking; 05-29-2022 at 12:18 PM.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost