Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Boat Shows

Noticed a 2022 Heyday online the other day. I do not follow them from year-to-year on pricing, but it was the WT-Surf listed at $86k, so that is creeping closer to the $100K mark . . . and it still has the funky looking bow and bathtub seating in the back.
    2018 Supra SL400

On the opposite end,

A 2022 Naut G23 was MSRP for $274 and the Boat Show price was $232.
    A 2022 MC X24 was MSRP for $309 and the Boat Show price was $234.

I did not see anything on the BUs, like the M240. Noticed a 2021 Axis A22 for around $93 - thought it was 'different' to have a 21 at the 2022 boat show. I think the recent Cincy boat show had some models.
    2018 Supra SL400

if interest rates climb as predicted, 1-2 years will be the death of these. I go back to my prior statement that they will never backpeddle on pricing BUT will eventually introduce "new" models at a lower pricepoint. 130k for a mojo that was 90k all day a year ago is insane.
    me thinks a lot of people are going to be stuck in boats they are WAY upside down in around 2024-2025.
    not to mention gas pricing this summer is poised to be spensive.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    if interest rates climb as predicted, 1-2 years will be the death of these. I go back to my prior statement that they will never backpeddle on pricing BUT will eventually introduce "new" models at a lower pricepoint. 130k for a mojo that was 90k all day a year ago is insane.
    me thinks a lot of people are going to be stuck in boats they are WAY upside down in around 2024-2025.
    They are over $6/gallon at Lake Powell currently. Really not looking forward to putting the 300+ gallons in the houseboat this summer, assuming there is water!

You are totally right that they will kill these models in favor of "budget" models though. Reset with economy features and then gradually add back options. I don't see how they hit that price though. That would be EVERY option in the builder.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Agreed, since 2002 I've never seen price reductions on the Moombas. During slow times, I assume SC cuts production in lieu of a pricing cut. Used boats is another thing where pricing is it.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Used pricing is what drove me to put a deposit on a new boat. I didn't think I would ever order a new boat at these prices pre-pandemic, now they are even crazier in my opinion. But, everything 3-5 years old and newer is listed at or more than MSRP. and we now darn well those boats were not purchased at MSRP. It's a great time to sell, not the best time to be looking for a new boat (or used).

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Used pricing is what drove me to put a deposit on a new boat. I didn't think I would ever order a new boat at these prices pre-pandemic, now they are even crazier in my opinion. But, everything 3-5 years old and newer is listed at or more than MSRP. and we now darn well those boats were not purchased at MSRP. It's a great time to sell, not the best time to be looking for a new boat (or used).
    Exactly right IMO

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Exactly what I did. Sold our old boat end of summer for almost 10k more than I paid for it 5 years ago. Crazy. Take delivery of the new mojo in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

I agree. The boating market is going to take a HUGE dive at some point. When rates rise, gas goes higher etc... the market will have a lot of used boats at some point. It may take a year or three, but everything is going against common sense right now and everything is going against the recreational market.

Same with snowmobiles, ATV's etc... I was gonna update my sled this year but the sled i wanted was listed at $20k????? WHAT? for maybe using it 6-8 weekends a year. Its gonna come crashing down at some point Once rates rise, supply chain improves and people start moving again.

It will be interesting to see if there are any 22s left over in August when the 23s are coming out. I'm assuming some customers are trying to get out of their POs after the add'l price hike news, so will the market have someone waiting to get that slot? Probably yes in 22.

Dealers having left-over models is good for us. Bigger discounts on that margin to move inventory. Good sign purchased prices are leveling off.

Should also be interesting to see the 2023 SE pricing if that model is redesigned this upcoming year. 21 vs 22, then 22 vs 23.
    2018 Supra SL400