Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Spare tire location.

    My dealer text me this morning and our new sl550 just arrived. On reviewing the photo on the hauler it looks like the spare tire is underneath the trailer vs on the side. I know on the build we had added the side mount spare. I haven’t talked to them about this yet, just curios what everyone’s opinion is. I thought I liked the look of the side mount better, but now I almost think the under mount looks cleaner? Thoughts ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    My dealer text me this morning and our new sl550 just arrived. On reviewing the photo on the hauler it looks like the spare tire is underneath the trailer vs on the side. I know on the build we had added the side mount spare. I haven’t talked to them about this yet, just curios what everyone’s opinion is. I thought I liked the look of the side mount better, but now I almost think the under mount looks cleaner? Thoughts ?
    If you have nice 18’s, most would use a side mount to “show it”.

    Underneath mounts are more $$$ and I guess less show.

    Matter of preference.

    Actually never seen an under mount in the wild.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  3. #3

    Default

    I agree with that. I did get the 18s with the flake accents. Looking back on Supra’s site the under mount is about $250 more as well. I’ll be interested to see what they have to say when I grab it tomorrow.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Please share pictures when you do! Would love to see your color scheme and wheel accents
    2022 Supra SL550 (current)
    2019 Adonia (75' houseboat at Lake Powell - current)
    2021 Tige Z3 (past)
    2020 SL400 (past)
    Idaho

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Prince George Canada
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Totally looking forward to seeing your new boat!!
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
    Please share pictures when you do! Would love to see your color scheme and wheel accents
    I will try and get some pictures uploaded. Quick question for you. Does your new sl triple axle trailer have a 2” or 2-5/16 ball. My 2020 sl tandem axle was a 2” but thinking maybe this is different on the new triple?

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    I will try and get some pictures uploaded. Quick question for you. Does your new sl triple axle trailer have a 2” or 2-5/16 ball. My 2020 sl tandem axle was a 2” but thinking maybe this is different on the new triple?
    My triple axle has a 2-5/16" ball.
    2022 Supra SL550 (current)
    2019 Adonia (75' houseboat at Lake Powell - current)
    2021 Tige Z3 (past)
    2020 SL400 (past)
    Idaho

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Ooooo.......it's getting close!!

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    634

    Default

    After having an undermount on our travel trailer, I would opt for the side mount. When towing the boat, I’m dressed for the lake, not changing tires, and the last thing I want to do is crawl underneath the trailer to retrieve the spare.


    Making my new SA build come true!!!
    2020 SA 450 Wife calls it White Cloud. Said it makes her feel "Classy"
    2017 Sanger V215sx. We call it Viagra because it's the little blue pill that gets everyone up (Sold)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •