Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    good day! i am excited for you to get a new build opportunity. I had an 08 LSV that we built, currently in a 19 mondo that we bought off the floor. I am not completely up to date on the newest finest stuff that the current boats have, but i will share my opinion.

1- Flow 3, anything that improves the ballast fill times and controls is usually worth it.
    2- touch screen- i do not know about this.
    3- we do not have the seat back for the bench. we like the sliding bench when we have people with who are new to riding and want to watch their friends/kids better. i think i would like to have this. the mondo does not have a big space, so even when the seat is slid back, the bench sitters will have their feet on the transmission cover. the seat back may make sitting this way more comfortable.
    4 storage bins- these would go over the rear bags? you will probably upgrade the bags and fill the space with bags and the bins will not be usable. We have talked about adding something, like nets, etc. for the jackets and things in the storage, but have been fine without.

yes dual batteries, and the trickle charger if it does not come standard.
    yes bimini with surf sleeves
    yes depth and temp
    yes floor deck kit, is this the walk through on the engine?
    yes audio 2 on the tower ore fine for us.
    swivel racks- we swivel the rack about 50% of the time. when you swivel the rack the person sitting under is inconvenienced. use the top surf sleeves mostly.
    yes surf pipe

NO headlights. i had the docking lights on my LSV. you cannot drive the boat at night and use these lights. we seldom loaded with the docking lights. it was easier to trailer load with the truck tail lights. when you load in your slip, i would presume you have slip lighting that will light stuff up if you need it. so much better than the head lights.

good luck!
    Don't forget Autowake, you'll want that, makes life so much easier, plus for resale. I'd get the snap on cover if in a slip, even covered in slip.

Flow 3 and G6 is a must.
    Last edited by parrothd; 11-12-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

anything surf related so do the ballast upgrade.
    screen- how long are you going to keep the boat. 2 years? get the upgrade. 10 years? skip if you don't see the value in it.
    just like cars, as boat tech improves, everyone wants the latest and older tech doesn't matter. no one cares if a '15 hyundai has the smaller or larger screen as it won't affect resale. a 2020? different story.

the stuff you are getting all look like options we would check off and we would skip headlights.
    storage stuff is a personal preference. sliding seat is a don't care for us. never used it in the couple boats that had it.

good luck and post up pics once you pick 'er up....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    anything surf related so do the ballast upgrade.
    screen- how long are you going to keep the boat. 2 years? get the upgrade. 10 years? skip if you don't see the value in it.
    just like cars, as boat tech improves, everyone wants the latest and older tech doesn't matter. no one cares if a '15 hyundai has the smaller or larger screen as it won't affect resale. a 2020? different story.

the stuff you are getting all look like options we would check off and we would skip headlights.
    storage stuff is a personal preference. sliding seat is a don't care for us. never used it in the couple boats that had it.

good luck and post up pics once you pick 'er up....
    We do plan on keeping the boat for at least 5 years. Like you said, screens seem to age relatively quickly and I don't see the value in getting the touch screen. I also have a feeling that the non-touch screen would be more reliable in the long run.